Meatball....yes Meatball SW Michigan

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: Meatball....yes Meatball SW Michigan

Postby HappyPuppy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:23 pm

I hope you pointed a few things out to those people.... Meatball..... :crybaby:
HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:04 pm

HappyPuppy wrote:I hope you pointed a few things out to those people.... Meatball..... :crybaby:

I think I was seriously still dumbfounded.. on the phone the first day I was actually SPEECHLESS..for me thats a miracle..when he came in all I could mutter was
"jezzuz you guys.. you know hes a dog..(when they showed me his snow suit) you know hes a bit overweight right? What the heck have you been feeding him?.. I mean you KNOW hes a bit overweight RIGHT...."
I was literally in shock... I mean totally and absolutly in shock ...
feeling his horrible coat.. it was .."what are these..from the arguments... they arent? .. they are bad skin sores?.. "insert nasuea...
fighting WHAT THE F DID YOU DO TO THIS DOG??

When my husband threw a fit when he came home and doggy still here.. I told him
"hey its like this..you create this awesome motorcycle from a crap shett of metal..sell it to someone where they drive the f out of it.. never check the oil or take care of it at all! ..trash it..drive to your house three years later. .. . throw it down in your drive way and say its a piece of sheet.".
Suddenly he never said another word to me about the added dog other than, of course "you are at your wits end" . true nuff
:peace:
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilovetyson » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:41 pm

awww poor meatball!
he needs a good Diet,and some Good Quality food! He is So handsome!

Do you know if he is still Dog Friendly? Or if because of this.. he is now DA?
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby luvnstuff » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:23 pm

ilovetyson wrote:awww poor meatball!
he needs a good Diet,and some Good Quality food! He is So handsome!

Do you know if he is still Dog Friendly? Or if because of this.. he is now DA?

I have no idea as of yet. I know between the gate and even with my nut case Woody at first going nutty, Meatball hardley glanced at them, no growling..no posturing, nothing other than a look at them , like "hum hi" and back to looking at mommy.

They are still all acclaimating, Woody is not a good tester , at least not yet. He seems terrified there is another dog in the house (rolls eyes.. ) Virgil seems curious, so soon when I have another body in here I will have the dogs in the living room together on leash.
But I feel its important for us to show that we are in control to Meatball to keep any defense in check.
I have to wonder how shortened that super long fuse may be now. And not sure I really have the proper dogs to really get this really checked. He needs a nice soft non reactive someone to build his confidence back up in DOGS and us humans too ...

Scooter has been parrked at a friends for a few days... week or two? so I have a bit of time..but when all dogs are here it is total chaos of shuffing... we need a place for him......

I really dont think his next forever spot should be with a dog or maybe just not another bully breed or reactive dog breed, I dont know what the past three years have been to this dog, I still (knock on wood) havent seen the chronic dieahrea and upset stomach problems , (knock on wood) . ..but wonder if it was all triggered on stress alone.
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilovetyson » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:15 pm

awww Well, I Hope meatball can get back to his fun loving happy self real Soon! He is handsome!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby lilangel » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:43 am

Geez, I just saw this. Looks like a totally different dog now. Poor guy. :po:
lilangel
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Taffys_Angel » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:46 pm

Omg poor Meatball! :crybaby:
Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador

Postby luvnstuff » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:45 am

Two weeks in and the sores on Meatballs face are healing quite nicely, his scars arent going to be a severe as I thought at first.
His body scabs due to skin problems are starting to heal and go away. Thanks to better food, fish omega supplements and rubbing some Vit E and coconut oils on him. His fur is starting to go back to black. Although he seems to be loosing alot of fur ..probably breaking of the old ucky fur?
His weight..well that will continue to be a battle.
His eyes are bright and his silly self is still there :0 )
Right now he is curled up next to me, snoring away........ Still franticly trying to find a place or better yet a home for him. Batting a big ZERO there.
Still in the two week acclimation period, but he seems not to care about the other dogs, he seems happy to see them between the baby gate and I havent noticed one snark, snarl or even a stink eye. Virgil and Woody seem to be a bit leary of HIM tho... but not in a grumpy way..more like a curious from afar way. silly boys..
Scooter is still parked temporarly at a friends (thank you Katie. omg.. I dont know how I would do this with that many dogs needing something from me..)

The MeatLoaf aka FatBob (yanno like a motorcycle..)
SNOW DAY! (he isnt much for snow....)
Can I come in now?
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:21 am

SO happy to see he has his bright eyes back.
thanks for being there for him and so many others!
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilovetyson » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:35 am

awww he is SO handsome! Glad he is getting back to himself! :)
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Taffys_Angel » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:46 pm

Stupid BSL here... I'd take him in a heartbeat if I were able. :inlove:

He deserves a home where he'll never be abandoned again, or turned into a fat, unhealthy walrus-dog.
Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador

Postby luvnstuff » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:40 pm

Taffys_Angel wrote::

He deserves a home where he'll never be abandoned again, or turned into a fat, unhealthy walrus-dog.

YA GOT THAT RIGHT Taffys Angel! :crybaby:
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby WGPKlaus » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:49 pm

What a handsome, happy fella! Keeping him and all those pups in need of forever homes in my thoughts, and of course those wonderful folks who do what they do to help.

<salute>
WGPKlaus
Super Bully

Postby Madeleinemom » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:03 am

Poor boy - what a nightmarish 'forever' home that was :wow

Glad that he is recuperating and safe with you. How long did these people have him (if it's mentioned, my apologies)?
Madeleinemom
Adolescent Bully

Postby luvnstuff » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:54 am

thanks Wgpklaus I wish I were happier having him here..but doing what I can with limited time. :0 (

And Madelineanmom he was adopted Dec 07. I think Meatballs world went topsy turvy about 1 year and well now 10 months ago when the adoptive mom got pregnant. For I saw Meatball right before she got pregnant and he was doing and looking great.

A few new pictures..
" mom is home mom is mom " (note the tail...hehehe) He still likes to try to jump (doesnt get far tho anymore) so still working on SIT for pets..

And the offical melting of the doggys.. Woody and Virgil had been acting very shy, Meatball excitable to "whatever" so baby gate down... (yes there was a few pieces of popcorn involved )

He met Virgil yesterday but they both got a bit too excited and Virgil I feared was getting a bit annoyed. But I didnt see any aggression from Meatball just a real lack of social manners ? hmm..wierd..
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs