Poplin was hungry....

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby mnp13 » Fri May 28, 2004 2:31 pm

hyperjoga wrote:
mnp13 wrote:
hyperjoga wrote:I need to figure out how to setup a springpole that goes up and comes down from 15ft cielings easily.


Hmmmm... What about a tie off? If there is a solid place to tie it off you could toss a rope over the beam and then just pull it up to correct height, that would be easy to do.... Of course that would only work if it is a fully exposed beam. I can't think of any other way to do it.

Unfortunately it's not a fully exposed beam.......and besides the rope & bait have to be ~completely~ removed when we're open for business, not just hung out of reach... it is an art gallery afterall.. :)



No offense, but I've seen some of the 'art' that hangs in many galleries. Just put up a small card with an artist name (Popin), the title of the work(Spring Pole) and a price ($35). Bingo! It's an installation piece!

lol

Michelle
mnp13
 

Postby hyperbole » Fri May 28, 2004 4:37 pm

mnp13 wrote:
hyperjoga wrote:Unfortunately it's not a fully exposed beam.......and besides the rope & bait have to be ~completely~ removed when we're open for business, not just hung out of reach... it is an art gallery afterall.. :)

No offense, but I've seen some of the 'art' that hangs in many galleries. Just put up a small card with an artist name (Popin), the title of the work(Spring Pole) and a price ($35). Bingo! It's an installation piece!

hahaha, now THAT's an idea... :)) Maybe we could have him working the spring pole DURING the show and call it performance art. lol That'd be a workout!

We don't hang that kind of art though, thank god! We hang lots of weird stuff....but nothing ridiculous like "tire and rope" for the low low price of $600. hahaha

Here's one of my fiance's pieces (oil on canvas) that was in our grand opening exhibition.... it's a crowd favorite everywhere it goes...

Image
hyperbole
 

Postby chewalotopus » Sun May 30, 2004 12:59 am

neato! can I come stay with you guys?! like forever?! just kidding roflmao

aaahhhhh - you have my dream life!!
chewalotopus
 

Postby hyperbole » Sun May 30, 2004 10:37 am

chewalotopus wrote:neato! can I come stay with you guys?! like forever?! just kidding roflmao

aaahhhhh - you have my dream life!!

hahaha, sure sure, as long as you don't mind living with a weird anime-inspired illustrator gone painter. lol

The one above is from her Alice in Wonderland series, it's entitled "Painting the Roses Red"

More of Kimmie's stuff at our website if you wanna see. PS: It's for sale. :))
hyperbole
 

Postby chewalotopus » Mon May 31, 2004 1:09 am

she does some really cool stuff! I'm into anime, too! how big are the paintings, in general? I like the one with the koi A LOT! I'm not crazy about the color scheme, but i really like it. How much would it cost me to commission her to do another version of it? she can pm me if she doesn't want to post that answer on the board...
chewalotopus
 

Postby hyperbole » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:40 am

chewalotopus wrote:she does some really cool stuff! I'm into anime, too! how big are the paintings, in general? I like the one with the koi A LOT! I'm not crazy about the color scheme, but i really like it. How much would it cost me to commission her to do another version of it? she can pm me if she doesn't want to post that answer on the board...

The "Painting the Roses Red" one is something ridiculous like 64"x48"... It's pretty big, and comes with a hefty price tag, $950.

The painting with the koi is smaller, like 33"x24" and sold for $350. Generally, commissions are higher priced since the buyer is dictating to the artist exactly what he/she wants.... But I could probably swing you a deal. PM me if you're seriously interested. :)
hyperbole
 

Previous

Return to Health Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests