Sweet Steel Magnolia - still looking

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: Sweet Steel Magnolia - still looking

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:32 pm

Maggie is in Richmond VA, I 'm not sure how close that is to you without googling it.

Adoptions have been really down, if it's not a super cute puppy....it just isn't moving. Her son got adopted really quick (Steele) but she's just taking forever. You say special needs and people just walk away. They don't want anything they have to work for.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby ilovetyson » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:03 pm

I think most my animals are "special Needs" And if she has to be on a certain food, and keep her ears clean.. that isn't THAT Bad...
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Misskiwi67 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:09 pm

ilovetyson wrote:I think most my animals are "special Needs" And if she has to be on a certain food, and keep her ears clean.. that isn't THAT Bad...

She's not any more work than my current dogs... crazy that having to feed a quality food would turn people off...
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby dogs4jen » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:26 pm

I know, most of us know by now to feed good quality foods anyways.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby ilovetyson » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:11 pm

I think I spend almost 30$ a mo if not more.. On just CANNED cat food. Lol!
the Dry cat food I don't buy as often.. and that is almost 30$
The Dog food.. is amost 50$ and only lasts every 3 weeks or so. lol!

But, if you take in to consideration.. can we eat on 50-100 a mo? I don't think so! lol! So,in that view.. it isn't THAT bad ;)

I Love miss Steel Magnolia.. She is Amazingly.. beautiful.. And I can't believe not one person has stepped up to take on a dog SO Worth it! :inlove:
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Misskiwi67 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:36 pm

I miss having three dogs... but I just can't do three by myself... Three acres is good quality space, but I need three hands...

Fingers crossed for Miss Magnolia!!
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:03 pm

She eats Natural Balance LTD Venison and Sweet Potato Dry and I mix in the same in canned occasionally. She gets no other treats but her kibble or Natural Balance LTD treats. It's really not that much but it is 50.00 for a 25lb bag. It's not like you would be spending money on treats and chews since she can't get those other than nylabones or kongs or a real (unfilled) bone.

If you have other dogs that eat different things though it could be harder to manage if they don't finish their meals.....she is a little hoover. She will clean up spills lickety split so she has to be fed in her crate.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby ilovetyson » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:12 am

I used to have Jade on her food, and other two on there.. But, I just put everyone on the same food. My animals are on TOTW. The dogs are on the Fish formula. Only thing I found that didn't have added Fats.. She can't have any extra fats. Normal Meat fats are Ok, But there is a name for it .. I Just can't remember what it is! lol
And TOTW is the only one I found that is like that. And I get 30lbs for 45.99 I can't believe it is Cheaper then the natural balance! lol! here, the natural balance is more! :-) (all thought I don't recall what the venison is off hand)
Jade also doesn't get treats or bones. She only gets the yam Treats, and any treats with ONLY Fish, Bison or Venison Type meats, and no Grains at all! ( so that limits the availability! ) And Ice is a Big treat for her here. lol So, I Fully understand the eating special things. I feel AWFUL telling people not to give her treats.. But, there is the one shop we go to, that the long term workers.. Know me and Jade, and ONLY Bring the treats over she can have. And will inform other workers before they even get to me! lmao! :)

I totally wish I was able to afford another big Bully right now. We are still paying off the bills from the last few months from Tyson. :-/
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:10 am

The difference in some of the foods, like TOTW is that there are multiple protein sources in one bag. If you read the ingredients, there is more than just the fish and potato. They only have to put the MAIN protein source on the front of the bag. When I first got her here, I fed her Natures Recipe Salmon Sweet Potato and Pumpkin because it was an easy to digest grain free formula and it's what I feed my dog Jack since he's got reflux and an easier to digest food doesn't come up as much. But after talking to the vet, I read the bag and there was also chicken in there, way down the list but it was still another protein.

Which is why we went to the Venison from Natural Balance. It's a true limited ingredient. One main protein source - venison and nothing else. It's working great for her.

I did have her on Medrol, a half a tab every other day right after her surgery and we finished that last week. I washed her ears out for the first time since her surgery - 3 weeks! since I was waiting for the scabs to peel out first. She's doing really great. I really think that if someone just sticks to her diet, that's all the special needs she's going to have.

I totally think she's worth it. I mean, she's laid back, good with other pets, bombproof with people, great on a leash, she can go anywhere - literally anywhere and not act like an ass. I just don't have room for a fourth permanent dog, not just in my house but legally, I am living where there is a 3 dog ordinance and I have 5 right now. Three permanents and two fosters. One of my permanents is old and if she passes before Maggie is placed... I'll keep her but it's not fair for her to live in limbo until then. My dog's only 14, she could live a few more years.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby ilovetyson » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:15 pm

god, I just love her! Wish you were closer to me.. so I could meet her! lol She is beautiful! And I have a thing for "Blues" Lol! :)

TOTW is what jade has been on for... O.. 6-8 mo now. and FINALLY for the first time since I have had her.. I have not had her ears flare up in a cpl months now! I Just clean them out once every cpl weeks to keep a close eye on them. But, she hasn't had any irritation in a while! * knock on wood* lol But, Everything we do for her.. is so worth it. I love her to bits!
She is now a certified Therapy dog, and service dog as well. She is Extremely Bomb proof. Loves EVERYONE. No issues at even HUGE events..with Loud music and such. she is wonderful! And it sounds like maggie is the same way! I just hope SOMEONE Sees what we see in her.. and gives her the most perfect home. She is a beautiful dog!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ClickNtreat » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:18 pm

*Bump for Magnolia* Who sounds like the perfect pit to me. I love mature dogs, they are so easy, calm and appreciative. Anyone who is considering a pup as a first bully breed - a lady like Magnolia would be SO much easier.
ClickNtreat
Adolescent Bully

Postby El_EmDubya » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:41 pm

Akkk. I know!!!!!!!!

Isn't she the best!???

I only wish I wasn't living in the land of BSL...aka Boston.

LMW
El_EmDubya
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:07 pm

Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby ilovetyson » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:58 pm

:inlove: Omg, I Just love her! Everytime I see there is a new post here.. I HOPPE it is to say she has been adopted! Give her some love for me!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Misskiwi67 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:39 am

ilovetyson wrote::inlove: Omg, I Just love her! Everytime I see there is a new post here.. I HOPPE it is to say she has been adopted! Give her some love for me!

Ditto... I too, absolutely adore her, and wish I had room for one more...
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs