Communication

A place to share rescue-related issues, vent, get advice, and debrief on the challenges of the work!

Communication

Postby ilovetyson » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:28 pm

I dunno if it is a Common thing with every rescue.. or several.. But, the debate and finger pointing sucks. I thought every rescue was in it to help the dogs. Why would you take behind one another.. bash one rescue because of maybe one mistake.. or whatever. I Wish every rescue could just come together and help each other. Bully breed rescues even.. They have enough against em. Ugh.. It is frustrating. I help several rescues out.. and see several / hear of several.. that talk behind each others back.. and it almost becomes like a competion between them.. y?? Ugh!

Sorry.. needed to vent. Lol!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: Compassion Fatigue

Postby Zagari » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:44 pm

ilovetyson wrote:I dunno if it is a Common thing with every rescue.. or several.. But, the debate and finger pointing sucks. I thought every rescue was in it to help the dogs. Why would you take behind one another.. bash one rescue because of maybe one mistake.. or whatever. I Wish every rescue could just come together and help each other. Bully breed rescues even.. They have enough against em. Ugh.. It is frustrating. I help several rescues out.. and see several / hear of several.. that talk behind each others back.. and it almost becomes like a competion between them.. y?? Ugh!

Sorry.. needed to vent. Lol!

This reminds me that the central Indiana Labrador people really have their stuff together. Everytime we get a Labrador/mix into the shelter we give them a call and boom! they take the dog. We work with two different rescues and only on accepts dogs that look purebred. The other doesn't care.

Any pit bull rescue we contact has never responded to us via phone or email. The least they could do is tell us no. Makes me mad but what can I do?

Now, my venting is over. :)
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Re: Communication

Postby buckaroo » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:43 pm

Look up Maggie's Fund and see if you can get something going with the various groups you volunteer for.
buckaroo
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby julie64 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:10 pm

This is why I stepped away from rescue. I can't handle the cattiness between people. I was there for the dogs, not the drama.
I still help out local rescues/shelters but never again align myself with just one.
julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:30 pm

i have to admit not being very timely on responding to "help needed" requests but I have an auto response that tells people I am full and a list of things they can do. It's important to remember both sides. As a pit bull rescuer, I get no less than 3-5 personal requests per day and that doesn't include the "he's dying today!!!" crossposts that are about 50+, skip one or two days of going through your email because you have other things to do (like clean house, exercise dogs, feed dogs) and you are done - overwhelmed.

Crossposters really make things more difficult as they are rarely discriminating - they just freaking spam everyone about everything. I get exhausted just hitting the delete.

As to the cattiness between rescuers, I don't know. I try to keep my mouth shut even when I know a rescue is adopting out a HA dog. I have pretty strong feelings about not doing those but so many rescuers aren't discriminating about where their pits go or what their temperament is like.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Return to Rescuing the Rescuers