Tonka wants people of his own! SE MI

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Tonka wants people of his own! SE MI

Postby Mooresmajestic » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:56 pm

Tonka is about 14mths old, neutered male pit bull mix (we think pug), up to date on all vaccinations (done in April) and is current on his heart worm and flea prevention.

Tonka's story: He was found wandering the streets of Pontiac as a baby puppy when he was about 8wks old. He was adopted out to a family at 12wks old. Tonka was returned to our rescue about 4 weeks ago because the family was moving or lost a job (depending on which one you talked to). He has been with me for 3 weeks, and has been getting some much needed training.

Tonka is now ready for people of his very own! He is a dream to work with and is a quick learner. He will be going for his CGC as soon as the evaluator and I can get together. Tonka would make a great obedience or agility dog, or a great pet for someone that can work him everyday. This boy loves to work! He is good with other dogs, but I wouldn't recommend him being paired with a older dog. He has a lot of energy, and can come off a bit rude when wanting to play. Cats are iffy, he doesn't go after them to hurt them, but his play style is a bit rough for most cats. He is learning to leave my two alone, but mine will defend themselves and he is always on leash in my home. He absolutely loves people and is not fearful or aggressive in any way.

He is crate trained, potty trained, started in competition style obedience, beginning agility, and beginning tracking. He also works on my drag sled several times a week, but I don't see him being a competitive weight puller. I would love for him to go to a sport home, but a home with someone that can give him the time he needs is really the most important. He would make a good Jr's dog for an older junior. I will be getting him an LP# through the UKC (as an Ambor) and am willing to help get his PAL through AKC.

Issues: if not crated when unsupervised he will shred everything... see my bedroom carpet lol He loves to have stuffing parties. I will also assume that this will extend to the garbage as well, but he hasn't had the chance to do that here.
I have seen some issues with peanutbutter and peanutbutter flavoring. He gets diarrhea, but no problem with anything else.

His adoption fee is $150, and he is available through All About Animals Rescue. All interested parties will be screened by me before placing him in a home. Adoption applications area available through the website allaboutanimalsrescue.org I will do a home check, call your vet, and your references. Feel free to contact me for more info, and if the person is a good match I can help make the adoption process smoother.

Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Tonka wants people of his own! SE MI

Postby Mooresmajestic » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:02 pm

Not sure why the videos didn't post, but here they should be.
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw ... -32-53.mp4
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Mooresmajestic » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:04 pm

Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby pacopoe » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Man, he is a cute one! :inlove:
pacopoe
Bully Ambassador

Postby dogs4jen » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:10 am

X2!
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby Mooresmajestic » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:50 am

He is as cute, sweet, and goofy as he looks. I was able to get this pic of him sleeping in his crate after a long training session. Silly boy!
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Mooresmajestic » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:01 am

I forget to mention that I will also provide training/ support with me and my training group at no charge for life. Just a little perk since I want to see this boy excell in all that he does.
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Mooresmajestic » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:53 pm

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/18661205
Here is Tonka's updated petfinder profile! Please feel free to share, he needs a forever home!
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby DogNerd » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:16 am

Tonka is exceptionally adorable!
DogNerd
Bully Lover 4 Life

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs