Sweet Steel Magnolia - still looking

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: Sweet Steel Magnolia - still looking

Postby VogueVulture » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:57 pm

Amy Hendrickson wrote:She eats Natural Balance LTD Venison and Sweet Potato Dry and I mix in the same in canned occasionally. She gets no other treats but her kibble or Natural Balance LTD treats. It's really not that much but it is 50.00 for a 25lb bag. It's not like you would be spending money on treats and chews since she can't get those other than nylabones or kongs or a real (unfilled) bone.

If you have other dogs that eat different things though it could be harder to manage if they don't finish their meals.....she is a little hoover. She will clean up spills lickety split so she has to be fed in her crate.

Wow, this is EXACTLY what my Mimi eats, same with the treats. So I wouldnt be put out at all, just buying MORE food, lol. And also have to bathe Meems twice a week, and clean her ears after bath because I am keeping an eye on one of them. Sounds like this dog would do great here because I am already doing exactly what she needs. Im in WA state though :\
VogueVulture
Newborn Bully

Postby ilovetyson » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:28 pm

Wish someone on this board would adopt her, so I could continue to look at her pics! :) :inlove:
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:31 pm

I wish someone would adopt her...period. I just don't know how to go about transporting her across the US and even if it were in her best interest. What if....god forbid something went wrong and I needed to get her back. It would be nearly impossible. As much as it sounds like she would fit right in...
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby VogueVulture » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:35 pm

Amy Hendrickson wrote:I wish someone would adopt her...period. I just don't know how to go about transporting her across the US and even if it were in her best interest. What if....god forbid something went wrong and I needed to get her back. It would be nearly impossible. As much as it sounds like she would fit right in...

That is understandable. I volunteer for a rescue though and we are the first my place any dog of mine would go if that situation ever happened. But it wouldn't, lol But travelling across the country is a big deal.
VogueVulture
Newborn Bully

Postby mcrae101 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:09 pm

If only if only........
mcrae101
Adolescent Bully

Postby Misskiwi67 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:49 pm

Amy Hendrickson wrote:I wish someone would adopt her...period. I just don't know how to go about transporting her across the US and even if it were in her best interest. What if....god forbid something went wrong and I needed to get her back. It would be nearly impossible. As much as it sounds like she would fit right in...

When we adopted Joe he was flown out to us sight unseen... he fit in fabulously!!! It worked well because he was a laid back pup who likely would have gotten along with anything.

If he hadn't we would have happily paid to send him back, but only after we did everything in our power to keep him.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:59 pm

VogueVulture wrote:That is understandable. I volunteer for a rescue though and we are the first my place any dog of mine would go if that situation ever happened. But it wouldn't, lol But travelling across the country is a big deal.

If you are truly serious, we may be able to work something out. Here's her complete bio and photos
http://www.ascpbr.com/Magnolia.html
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby VogueVulture » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:29 pm

How long has she been homeless?
VogueVulture
Newborn Bully

Postby ilovetyson » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:17 pm

God, I totally wish I could... Man.. Maybe I am Plead and beg..and hubby will say yes! ;) lmao!

Do you mind if I post her Bio On FB? :)
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby VogueVulture » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:35 pm

Unfortunately, I guess they want to change the rules around here again from upping the pet deposit to making sure it's only 1 pet per household. :( But if for some reason she absolutely is having no luck over there, I can definitely see about getting her over here with one of our fosters in our rescue. We tend to have a lot of special needs dogs, and we get them from places as far as Mexico and Taiwan. She'd definitely be in good hands so just holler if you need me to look into it, even if as a last resort :)
VogueVulture
Newborn Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:15 pm

ilovetyson wrote:God, I totally wish I could... Man.. Maybe I am Plead and beg..and hubby will say yes! ;) lmao!

Do you mind if I post her Bio On FB? :)

Yes, please cross post her!
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:15 pm

VogueVulture wrote:How long has she been homeless?

She's been looking since November
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby ilovetyson » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:05 pm

Alright, will do! :) Your in VA Right?

If she is Still there.. when we are able to get a dog (Which I SURE HOPE not) maybe we can consider it! :)
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:34 am

Yes, she is being fostered in Richmond VA
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:31 pm

I also have a Catahoula Bulldog
http://ascpbr.com/Dog_Month.html
Looks kind of like a pit bull in the head...sort of but it's more like a basketball. The personality is WAY different.

And two lovely females that are good with other pets/animals and have no health issues:
http://ascpbr.com/Twiggy.html
Twiggy - brindle adult female

http://ascpbr.com/Pearl.html
Pearl - red/rednose cropped female
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs