Impossible to place dogs.

A place to share rescue-related issues, vent, get advice, and debrief on the challenges of the work!

Re: Impossible to place dogs.

Postby BigBadPibbul » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:20 pm

buckaroo wrote: At least he's not a dog aggressive, chicken killing fence jumper... lol! Who is writing these bios!? .

OH my god! I can't believe that's in there like that!!! Missy is one of my favorites, she's an awesome dog with a great attitude. I really need to get back on marilynn's good side and try to get her to give me account control on adoptapet, It's no small wonder we've still got Missy with a bio like that behind her. Buddy and Gina's both say they've been in rescue a long time which I'd imagine leads people to believe they've been in forever because there's something wrong with them.
The worst part is Gina isn't dog aggressive, she gets along great with Mischief and Gina, I've never seen her with Buddy but as mellow as he is I'd wager she would get along with him too. *edit* Gina will get snarky right back if another dog gets in her face but heck, I get snarky if someone gets in my face too *edit*
Gina, Buddy, and Missy are all at a boarding facility that works with our group and "fosters" some dogs, they're in kennels all the time and though they do get walked and played with I've noticed their behavior kind of slipping a little, Missy didn't pull on the lead when I first met her three years ago, she does now, things like that. It's no surprise though, kind of like chain brain I'm sure being stuck in a kennel is no less mentally frying than being on a chain your whole life.
BigBadPibbul
Bully Ambassador

Postby merriterrier » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:44 pm

buckaroo wrote:If the person controlling the website is being that difficult, why not just request a transfer and have them move him to another foster home?

You don't know Marilyn! She has a really good heart, but she is extremely difficult to work with. Anyways, if I was Chris, I wouldn't want to send Mischief off into the VIVA network.

Chris - let me know. I can drive up to Pueblo and we can meet after you get out of class some day this week or next to get pics. I have a pretty flexible schedule right; now the only day that won't work is Sat since I have to do the Cruzin for Critters Poker Run.

Oh Gina! I have been :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: since they got her! I have thought about getting Marilyn to transfer her to me, but she always insists Gina is in the process of being adopted (yeah every week for over a year).
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby BigBadPibbul » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:52 pm

Gina's not being adopted :po: Gina's never even had paperwork started on her. The best we've gotten on Gina is an "Oh I'll talk to my husband" and they never even came to look again even though I drove all the way out to the county the next weekend to get her again and buddy missed his turn.
I'll dig up the number for the lady that runs Kamp 4 Paws if you really want to pick her up and take her down there with you.

Just pick a day that's good for you and let me know like the day before, as I said I'm pretty free most of the time and I can free up time almost any time. I think Jake will be thrilled that I'm actually going to do something with a friend lol
BigBadPibbul
Bully Ambassador

Postby merriterrier » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:49 pm

Chris, I know this is short notice, but I have to meet some idiots in Pinon @ the truck stop so they can return a shih tzu (sp) tomorrow at 1. Would you have an hour or two to take photos of Mischief?
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby BigBadPibbul » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:27 pm

I already replied to your text but I figured I'd also let you know that I do have a smallish crate that will be more than comfortable accommodations for a Shih-Tzu sized guy to hang out in so he can be inside and cozy.
I'm looking forward to getting some good pictures of Mischief.
BigBadPibbul
Bully Ambassador

Previous

Return to Rescuing the Rescuers