Meatball....yes Meatball SW Michigan

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: Meatball....yes Meatball SW Michigan

Postby luvnstuff » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:31 pm

thanks all..but we have a bit of a sad update...not too sad. Meatball is still with us...

Update- foster LOCAL from Grand Rapids/ Muskegon north to Fremont area in Michigan needed very badly.
Meatball has torn his ACL in his back leg. Pound Buddies does have a vetinarian that will do the surgery at a reduced rate.
We have opted to attempt the surgery for him as he is such an adoptable dog.
Problem-he needs to loose weight . He needs soft little walks even pre and post surgery to get his other muscles ready and for the impact of surgery on his back leg. The vet said he can go for soft walks just NO running or "turning"
He also will need a recovery area to continue this rehab post surgery where he will maintain NOT running and soft exercise.
Very important will keep the lil jumping bean DOWN four paws no the floor and no "turning" as dogs do when running and playing.
I HAVE NO WHERE FOR HIM TO GO. Needed more than ever now is a place now locally for his fostering.
Having this many dogs over limit I am doing what I can..but its not easy working full time and taking care of all this..and a house..and etc etc etc... : 0 (
The director of our group feels like I do that this far into it Meatball shouldn't have to pay with his life. he is a very nice happy dog.
I have seen NO dog aggression from him still but now he will be unable to play with another dog. so he can not
be housed loose with another dog or even have potty breaks with another dog as he will want to play.
S>O>S. This foster mom is so over burdened its now a matter of who's head is on the platter .
Foster has to be more local now as we need to monitor his health and vet bills.
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby SnowKoi2010 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:57 pm

D: I wish I had a place of my own. I would totally take him in. I'm sure him and Snow would get along great and I would possibly (Saying I had a place and the money which I do not) would have been able to get him the surgery he needs done. But I do not have a place of my own and my space is very limited and my grandmother would disown me if I drove to Michigan to get ANOTHER dog, not to mention another pit bull. He seems like a wonderful dog, and so pretty! He is exactly the same colors I wanted my next pit bull to be.

Please keep us updated. D; *huggles meatball*
SnowKoi2010
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby highflyergirl19 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:21 am

I wish I could take him but I'm all the way in Alabama! He is such a cutie! Good luck, Meatball!
highflyergirl19
Adolescent Bully

Postby wildwobin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:21 pm

Any updates on how Meatball is doing?
wildwobin
Newborn Bully

Postby luvnstuff » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Thanks for asking! Our lil Walrus is doing pretty good all considering. Surgery is scheduled for April 25th. so he is kind of on the "injured reserved" list.
He continues to be the wonderful silly dog he always was. Other than his limping and not using his leg you wouldnt know he was in pain. Its hard not to let him play and romp :0 (

He has lost 7 pounds! No easy feat without alot of good excercise. His best treat is plain home cooked pop corn. Of course to hear it from him he thinks he is starving and is forever trying to stuff his head into the food bin!

awww

And a wonderfully nice person named Yvonne sent him a collarmania collar that fits him to the tee .. its cartoony and
says POW and all kinds of fun silly sayings. It looks so nice on him! I picked out the fabric and funny thing turned out that it was a fabric the donator had requested or sent to Lisa at collar mania!? so how was that for karma! And I must of looked thru dozens of wonderful fabrics..

Still wish he had SOMEWHERE to go.. my house and myself is pushed to the last end trying to even get a portion of everyones needs met. It sucks. I hope a home comes soon for our Meatball. He may be a bull in a china shop but his attitude really is "LIFE IS GOOD!"
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilovetyson » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:47 pm

awww Sexy Meatball! I <3 him! I wish he was closer..Id help foster him.. :-/ I Hope someone comes along for him!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby riley_23 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:29 pm

So is he in grand rapids or Muskegon? I do not have room for him our male is an ass when it comes to other larger dogs. But I thought if you were in gr I might be able to lend a hand with walking. I love his amazing face and if it can help you guys meet the needs of all the pets you have right now I would be happy to help out. It would also be nice to meet a PBF member close to me. Send me a PM if you would like to discuss it.
Miranda
riley_23
Adolescent Bully

Postby wildwobin » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:06 am

The collar is awesome! And of course looks great on his handsome face. :inlove: Thanks for the update, wish I was closer to help.
wildwobin
Newborn Bully

Postby luvnstuff » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:33 pm

riley_23 wrote:So is he in grand rapids or Muskegon? I do not have room for him our male is an ass when it comes to other larger dogs. But I thought if you were in gr I might be able to lend a hand with walking. I love his amazing face and if it can help you guys meet the needs of all the pets you have right now I would be happy to help out. It would also be nice to meet a PBF member close to me. Send me a PM if you would like to discuss it.
Miranda

HI Miranda..sorry for the delay in response...as you can imagine things are still a bit nuts here.
Hmmm really? careful what you wish for...hehe.. no we ARE in Grand Rapids, north end..by plainfield and 4 mile area.........
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby riley_23 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:41 pm

Wow I had no idea you were so close! I spent three years living just off of 5 mile and Plainfield lol. We moved to Belding a year ago feb. I drive down the beltline every day to and from work. If anything I think it would be neat to meet up sometime! Meatball just melts my heart and I hope he finds a forever home soon!
Miranda
riley_23
Adolescent Bully

Postby Taffys_Angel » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:12 am

Poor Meatball. :(

I really wish I lived somewhere else, I'd take him in a heartbeat...
Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador

Postby riley_23 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:04 pm

Well Taffys angel maybe its time you move to the states? Maybe Michigan its not too far. :twisted:
riley_23
Adolescent Bully

Postby luvnstuff » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:04 am

riley_23 wrote:Well Taffys angel maybe its time you move to the states? Maybe Michigan its not too far. :twisted:

I agree! we're only 6 hours away...and allow pit bulls... hehehe.. well in most parts. As long as the idiot news crews shut up about every time one farts. :0 (
Riley23 Belding? have friends in Smyrna.. love that area ! Too bad you werent still over here the dogs could use and abuse ya (happily of course) !!!
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby riley_23 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:14 pm

Well I can always stop in and help sometime just let me know. I am getting really sick of hearing all of the bad news reports going on around here right now. I was glad to see a piece on the news that was actually good yesterday.
riley_23
Adolescent Bully

Postby mroman » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:42 pm

Who ran good news? Channel 3 as been running nonstop evil pit bull stories for the last year.

Mark
mroman
Super Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs