OFFICIAL ear cropping/tail docking debate thread

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: OFFICIAL ear cropping/tail docking debate thread

Postby SnowKoi2010 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:08 pm

Its not arrogant at all. From what I have been reading and from what I have seen, that was one of the reason why they did it. Tonight when I get home from work i'll look for those links again, but its out there.

Why do you like the cropped job if it doesn't look natural?

And you do? Also I wasn't calling him a BYB. There is a difference. I was comparing, you should read the post better; I even took back what I said about the BYB comment.
User avatar
SnowKoi2010
Bully Lover 4 Life
 
Posts: 1101
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:16 pm
Location: Oil City, LA

Re: OFFICIAL ear cropping/tail docking debate thread

Postby trexgorawrrrrr » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:12 pm

You are getting mixed up on two different people's post. Southern comfort asked about a friend's dog, which she then kept. Get your facts straight. Eclipse is a girl for one, and please go back to find out where her dogs came from and how they were cropped.

& you said she's basically the same as a byb.

Plus she never once stated her opinion on what she liked more, so why don't ya go back and reread on that one. There's a difference ;)
Last edited by trexgorawrrrrr on Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
trexgorawrrrrr
Pit Bull Forum Addict
 
Posts: 1859
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:17 am
Location: Ottawa, IL

Re: OFFICIAL ear cropping/tail docking debate thread

Postby haircrazie016 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:13 pm

SnowKoi2010 wrote:Its not arrogant at all. From what I have been reading and from what I have seen, that was one of the reason why they did it. Tonight when I get home from work i'll look for those links again, but its out there.

Why do you like the cropped job if it doesn't look natural?

And you do? Also I wasn't calling him a BYB. There is a difference. I was comparing, you should read the post better; I even took back what I said about the BYB comment.



SHE said IGNORANT
User avatar
haircrazie016
Bully Ambassador
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: philadelphia

Re: OFFICIAL ear cropping/tail docking debate thread

Postby SnowKoi2010 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:20 pm

haircrazie016 wrote:
SnowKoi2010 wrote:Its not arrogant at all. From what I have been reading and from what I have seen, that was one of the reason why they did it. Tonight when I get home from work i'll look for those links again, but its out there.

Why do you like the cropped job if it doesn't look natural?

And you do? Also I wasn't calling him a BYB. There is a difference. I was comparing, you should read the post better; I even took back what I said about the BYB comment.



SHE said IGNORANT


OMG So jump on me for using the wrong word good lord people.

and omg You people knows Eclipse's gender! :O So sue me. I never met the person and Assumed. This is getting out of hand. I don't care how SHE had her dogs ears cropped. Its her Choice, but mine is NOT TO because I think its WRONG. I am not going to sit and call HER a BAD owner because SHE had her dogs ears cropped. I HAVE SAID MANY TIMES that I have seen good cropped jobs but I WILL NEVER DO IT TO MY DOG BECAUSE it INHIBITS the ability to READ animal BODY LANGUAGE rather you AGREE or NOT.

I TOOK BACK the BYB comment because it was rash AND unthoughtful. But get off my CASE already.
User avatar
SnowKoi2010
Bully Lover 4 Life
 
Posts: 1101
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:16 pm
Location: Oil City, LA

Re: OFFICIAL ear cropping/tail docking debate thread

Postby trexgorawrrrrr » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:59 pm

lol

& you're assuming more than just her gender, and for that you're wrong again.
User avatar
trexgorawrrrrr
Pit Bull Forum Addict
 
Posts: 1859
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:17 am
Location: Ottawa, IL

Re: OFFICIAL ear cropping/tail docking debate thread

Postby SnowKoi2010 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:12 pm

trexgorawrrrrr wrote:lol

& you're assuming more than just her gender, and for that you're wrong again.


Tell me, what all did I assume?

I recall HIM

and BYB (<-- Which I took Back)
User avatar
SnowKoi2010
Bully Lover 4 Life
 
Posts: 1101
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:16 pm
Location: Oil City, LA

Re: OFFICIAL ear cropping/tail docking debate thread

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:47 pm

It's not a matter of opinion whether you can read a dog's body language with cropped ears or not. It's a fact, their ears do not stay in one place. They move around, you just have to pay attention to that, which is easy and the more you are around the dog the more it becomes obvious.

Oh and when I'm looking at a dogs body language, ears are definitely not top of the list, overall body posture generally is. In a stressed dog I look for displacement sniffing, stress panting, pacing, etc.
User avatar
Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF
 
Posts: 4615
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 8:40 pm
Location: Anderson, California

Re: OFFICIAL ear cropping/tail docking debate thread

Postby haircrazie016 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Nervermind I'm not wasting my breath
User avatar
haircrazie016
Bully Ambassador
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: philadelphia

Re: OFFICIAL ear cropping/tail docking debate thread

Postby Eclipse » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:16 pm

Celesteandthebullies wrote:It's not a matter of opinion whether you can read a dog's body language with cropped ears or not. It's a fact, their ears do not stay in one place. They move around, you just have to pay attention to that, which is easy and the more you are around the dog the more it becomes obvious.

Oh and when I'm looking at a dogs body language, ears are definitely not top of the list, overall body posture generally is. In a stressed dog I look for displacement sniffing, stress panting, pacing, etc.


:goodpost:
That is exactly my point. It is not a matter of opinion.

SnowKoi2010 wrote:Its not arrogant at all. From what I have been reading and from what I have seen, that was one of the reason why they did it. Tonight when I get home from work i'll look for those links again, but its out there.

Why do you like the cropped job if it doesn't look natural?

And you do? Also I wasn't calling him a BYB. There is a difference. I was comparing, you should read the post better; I even took back what I said about the BYB comment.


It is ignorant, if that is a reason people give for cropping that in and of itself is ignorant.

When in this thread did I state I preferred a cropped dog over a natural eared dog?

You really don't know what you are talking about when it comes to my dogs. I would prefer it if you would keep them out of this.
User avatar
Eclipse
Matured Bully
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:31 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: OFFICIAL ear cropping/tail docking debate thread

Postby Luna_Redmoon » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

The adult dog with cut ears totally looks ready to attack >.>

And if you ask me, the owner in this pic looks more ready to attack than the dog lol
Image


Assuming, period, only gets people in trouble and merely causes more havoc.
Like many have said, just because YOU cant read the dogs body language with cut ears, does not mean every owner cant either. I dont know one person who owns a dog with cropped ears that has any trouble what so ever reading them.

And dogs dont always give "true statements" with their ears.
Lou's ears stand up. When she is protective over something, example her favorite toy, her ears can either be layed (not pinned) back, or straight up. People may see her and think she is in a playful mood because her tail is slowly wagging, but, if you notice her placement with the toy directly under her chest between both front paws, her back stiff, not relaxed, and her eyes get more narrow. You would then see she is being protective, not necessarily aggressive, but she is daring anyone to touch her stuffed cow.
User avatar
Luna_Redmoon
Newborn Bully
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:29 am
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: OFFICIAL ear cropping/tail docking debate thread

Postby TahsSunny » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:56 pm

Luna_Redmoon wrote:Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

The adult dog with cut ears totally looks ready to attack >.>

And if you ask me, the owner in this pic looks more ready to attack than the dog lol
Image
.


O my lord! Your dog is so darn cute!!. You need to post more photo's of her!.

The puppy, is that a Doberman to?.

Please post a few more photo's!
User avatar
TahsSunny
Addicted to PBF
 
Posts: 4224
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:18 pm
Location: Australia, Queensland.

Re: OFFICIAL ear cropping/tail docking debate thread

Postby Luna_Redmoon » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:12 pm

yes she is a full doberman. She isnt mine though. The forst pic the one with the mother (Ophelia) is Blake, the pup in the second pic is Lore` (pronounced Laura) then some pics of mama (Ophelia or Phe) then the pic of the red/rust and the black is Ashley and Lore` again. The bottom pic is my best friend holding Red lol. Red is so nosy. I could barely take the pic for her trying to lick the lens XD

Im going back over there later to have a few hour playdate with my 2 white pits and her dogs. My big male, Riley thinks her "brute like" schnauzer is his boyfriend. ALWAYS licking him and following him around. They grew up together, its so sweet.
Ill take some pics then :)

5 dobie pups as big as Lou, mama dobie, 2 schnauzers, and 2 pits. its always a fun time. Such goof balls.
Their favorite toy is a horse whip. We tied an old sock to the end of it and its like an overgrown cat toy...but for dogs! They LOVE it ha ha
User avatar
Luna_Redmoon
Newborn Bully
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:29 am
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: OFFICIAL ear cropping/tail docking debate thread

Postby TahsSunny » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:17 pm

Luna_Redmoon wrote:yes she is a full doberman. She isnt mine though. The forst pic the one with the mother (Ophelia) is Blake, the pup in the second pic is Lore` (pronounced Laura) then some pics of mama (Ophelia or Phe) then the pic of the red/rust and the black is Ashley and Lore` again. The bottom pic is my best friend holding Red lol. Red is so nosy. I could barely take the pic for her trying to lick the lens XD

Im going back over there later to have a few hour playdate with my 2 white pits and her dogs. My big male, Riley thinks her "brute like" schnauzer is his boyfriend. ALWAYS licking him and following him around. They grew up together, its so sweet.
Ill take some pics then :)

5 dobie pups as big as Lou, mama dobie, 2 schnauzers, and 2 pits. its always a fun time. Such goof balls.
Their favorite toy is a horse whip. We tied an old sock to the end of it and its like an overgrown cat toy...but for dogs! They LOVE it ha ha


Wow, she has quite a few dobermans! Lol. There so stunning, I love Dobermans. I cannot wait to see more pics of the dogs!. Please post up photo's of your dogs to when you can, I've never seen images of your dogs. I cannot get over how stunning her dogs are :inlove: A horse whip, that's a interesting toy!. Does she always tie something to the whip or by itself sometimes? That would be so cool to watch!. Can you tape a small vid of that if you can?.
User avatar
TahsSunny
Addicted to PBF
 
Posts: 4224
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:18 pm
Location: Australia, Queensland.

Re: OFFICIAL ear cropping/tail docking debate thread

Postby Luna_Redmoon » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:41 pm

Im not able to record vids, I has an El Cheapo phone lol. But I can post up a few pics. And we leave the sock on the whip, and when they tear it to shreds we find something else. it varies from socks, to rope toys, sometimes a bone, or a jingly tennis ball. Its just whatever the pups find interest in next really.

And she had a litter from Ophelia. Prospects for showing :)
There was 8 pups, but now, their is just 4. Blake went to a new home yesterday. The ones she is keeping is the red boy, Ashley, and the Black and beige, Lore` (her markings are too light for a show, but she has so much personality!) And Of course, mama, Phe. She has a total of 4 thats hers, the white schnauzer, Lolita, is her mothers. So she has 2 less than I do lol. (Not including my parents dogs)

Its great to get all our dogs together. her 4 and my 6 now that my 2 youngest are finally large enough to play with the pups ha ha. Its mainly a playdate for the adults right now though. Excluding Bailey, who is at the vet getting fixed. and teeth cleaned. (She is the only one that doesnt like the toothbrush o.O )
User avatar
Luna_Redmoon
Newborn Bully
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:29 am
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: OFFICIAL ear cropping/tail docking debate thread

Postby SnowKoi2010 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:28 am

First I want apologize to Eclipse. I never meant to drag her dogs into this or anything. :/

With that out of the way, we must continue this really? I do look at ears, tail, posture, and face expression. The ears and face as well as posture and tail combined does mean a lot. Taking one or two can and will make it harder to tell what your dog is feeling. And there is a HUGE difference in a Dobermins Crop job and a Pit bulls. At least they have most of their ear.

They can move their ears? Oh nice, but cannot pin them down when they need to? Dogs with cropped ears can only move their new stubs back and forth, Unless you can provide me with a video that proves me wrong I will believe this. We are talking about dogs. A animal that even scientist doesn't understand, as well as the rest of the world. We do not know what dogs looked like thousands years ago. Yes the Wild wolf might have upright ears, doesn't meant he domesticated dog should.

Once again, there is no medical benefit from cropping. It is only done for cosmetic reasons majority of the time. You do get dogs who have injuries to their ears which need surgery to fix, but that is different from cosmetic cropping. Anyways, yeah, I'm home from work and tired. You don't have to bother replying to this post either, it will be my last in this particular thread. I wasn't looking to make enemies or show my butt, which I managed to once again do. D:
User avatar
SnowKoi2010
Bully Lover 4 Life
 
Posts: 1101
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:16 pm
Location: Oil City, LA

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests