Gorgeous little boy (non pit) needs an active home!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Gorgeous little boy (non pit) needs an active home!

Postby eaglesfangirl75 » Fri May 20, 2011 8:15 am

I have a foster boy with me right now that was pulled from a high kill shelter in NC and will be adopted through a rescue based in NY state.

The preliminary info I got on him was that he was a pit mix, but I don't actually think there's any pit in him at all. I think the breed he most closely resembles is actually the Mountain Cur, which is mostly found in the south. I believe him to definitely be a hunter/working type dog.

Murphy is approximately 1 1/2 years old and weighs 34 pounds, although he should put on a little weight. He is a super smart dog. He's extremely fast, agile and full of energy, but he does really well with "down" time too as long as he's been exercised. He's extremely "drivey" and gets very focused on a toy or a ball. I think he'd make an excellent agility or flyball propect. He definitely needs an active home.

He is crate trained, housebroken, and gets along well with most dogs, although he does tend to want to be the alpha. Some of that may have to do with the fact that he is not yet neutered (it will be done in the next week or two). He LOVES people, and is great with my kids (9, 10 an 12), although he may be a little overwhelming for really young kids. His whole body wiggles when you pay attention to him, and he definitely thinks he's a lap dog.

We are working on some minor behavioral issues, like him being a little "mouthy" when he's excited or jumping up to greet someone, but he is super smart and responds REALLY well to even soft correction. He is up to date on all shots and treated for flea/tick prevention. He has no food issues (aggression, guarding, etc), but can be a bit possessive of toys when it comes to other dogs (not people...he's fine if you take a toy from him).

He is doing well with my cats, but he will chase them if they run, so I'd be careful with cats. This is not a dog that can be cooped up in an apartment all day or crated all day with little or no exercise. He would be very bored and unhappy. He needs activity and would do great with a "job".

Here's MURPHY!

eaglesfangirl75
Newborn Bully

Re: Gorgeous little boy (non pit) needs an active home!

Postby eaglesfangirl75 » Mon May 23, 2011 7:01 am

*bump*

Someone please fall in love with him before I do. I'm in danger of failing dog fostering for the first time! :oops:
eaglesfangirl75
Newborn Bully

Postby eaglesfangirl75 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:52 pm

Awesome news! We received the completed adoption application today for Murphy from a wonderful family who lives on 2 acres of land, surrounded by woods. They have 2 boys who have wanted a dog for a long time and the dad works for the PA Game Commission! I am so excited for Murphy! He is going there this weekend on a "trial" visit and he gets neutered next Tuesday and if all goes well, he will go to his forever home next weekend! :yipee:
eaglesfangirl75
Newborn Bully

Postby pblove » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:23 am

I hope it is the right fit and Murphy goes HOME forever. :)
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:25 pm

What an awesome little doggie! Reminds me of my Kaiser.
Fingers, toes and paws crossed for a great outcome for Murphy!
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby eaglesfangirl75 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:29 pm

Murphy has been in his forever home since July 2 and is doing awesome there! His family has sent me pics and updates. Love outcomes like this! :yipee:
eaglesfangirl75
Newborn Bully

Postby ilovetyson » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Yay! I Love good news! :) :yipee:
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs