One of Tucker's sisters needs a home :(

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

One of Tucker's sisters needs a home :(

Postby BabyReba » Sat May 21, 2011 8:15 am

So my baby boy Tucker came from a litter of 7 puppies that the shelter was going to put down at 10 weeks old due to being part pit bull ... I went and met them and thought that, whatever their mix, they were such a sound, sweet, outgoing litter of puppies that it would be a crime for them to die. So I committed to taking in two pups myself and frantically started calling rescue people I knew to help get the pups safe. A rescue in Pennsylvania stepped up and took four of them, and Michelle from EBBRR was going to take one, but for whatever reason, even though the shelter said they wouldn't adopt these puppies out, the shelter just adopted this one puppy straight out from the shelter to the woman Michelle sent to meet the pups ... and for the past 5 years, that pup has apparently lived happily in its home.

I guess for some people, even people who adopt rescued dogs and promise to give them homes forever, when life changes the puppies they raised up from little tiny things they picked up at shelters are just not that important. A divorce, some kids, life is hard. And now both of her dogs have to go. One is a pit bull, one is a lttle black and white mutt -- Tucker's sister, Omega.

I haven't seen her in person since 10 weeks old, but if she's anything like Tucker and the sister I had (Ariel, brown and white), she's probably a pretty awesome and sweet little dog. For real, Tucker and Ariel are/were two of the most even-keeled, easygoing, loving dogs I've ever had the joy of knowing. A little bit of drive and spark--just enough to make them fun pet dogs who like to be active and play, but not so much that they're at all difficult to live with in a busy household. I have jokingly said for the past few years that I could kick myself for not keeping two puppies from Tucker's litter, because I want Tucker bookends on my couch. :)

But sadly, I cannot have more dogs in my rental house ... it's one of the conditions of living here, and the landlords will not allow it.

Maybe Michelle can offer more detail, but here is her blog post about both dogs:

http://ebbrr.blogspot.com/2011/05/gizmo-omega-may-2011.html

And here's Omega's photo. She doesn't look like Tucker on the surface, but I can see similarities ... the googly eyes, the soft expression, the little pouty mouth, the narrow snout.

I really want her to land in a safe, loving home. Poor thing. :crybaby:

Gizmo, the other dog, too, of course. I just happen to feel a bit of connection to Omega since they were part of the litter I was so immediately struck by when they were tinies.
BabyReba
Regulator

Re: One of Tucker's sisters needs a home :(

Postby pblove » Sat May 28, 2011 8:34 pm

EWrin did she find a new home yet? (did not go to the blog so if it is in there, I missed it)
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby BabyReba » Mon May 30, 2011 8:55 am

Sharon, I talked to Michelle, who tells me that the people who have her are going to try to work something out so they can keep the dogs. They say they love them and they don't want to lose them so they're looking at other options to keep them rather than rehome, and they've got Michelle to help them. I haven't heard any more details yet, but Michelle said she'd keep me posted if she/they needed more help.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby nsbullylover » Mon May 30, 2011 1:36 pm

BabyReba wrote:Sharon, I talked to Michelle, who tells me that the people who have her are going to try to work something out so they can keep the dogs. They say they love them and they don't want to lose them so they're looking at other options to keep them rather than rehome, and they've got Michelle to help them. I haven't heard any more details yet, but Michelle said she'd keep me posted if she/they needed more help.

Yay! :clap

I hope they're able to figure something out so they can keep their dogs.
nsbullylover
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby GuardianAMBULL » Tue May 31, 2011 4:36 pm

Erin, thanks for posting. For now the dogs are safe with family until they get the housing situated. I am sorry I haven't been able to keep up with PBF in a long time. If anything changes they will let me know and I will be back at the drawing board. I have never, until the past year, have had so many people think about rehoming their dogs. I know its hard, I am trying to move myself with three dogs and a cat but I am not going anywhere without them. Luckily, so far everyone has had happy endings... I just hope I can keep it that way.

If anyone was thinking about helping out... I would still like to help Maddy (Otis on pbf) and Mica find a home.

Michelle

Thanks again Erin. Hi Sharon!1! Miss everyone!
GuardianAMBULL
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby pblove » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:14 am

hey MIchelle! :hi
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs