Local Pet Stores

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Local Pet Stores

Postby bully_mommy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:42 am

I really only have one that is my favorite.

I am located in Loxahatchee, FL.

The feed store by my house is my favorite local pet store. They have pretty much everything from animals a-z.

RED BARN FEED AND SUPPLY
12948 OKEECHOBEE BLVD.
LOXAHATCHEE FL. 33470
bully_mommy
Adolescent Bully

Postby PITtsburgher » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:09 pm

Philadelphia, PA:

Fairmount Pet Shoppe at 20th and Fairmount. They carry every dog food brand I've seen mentioned on here, do kitten adoptions through the city shelter, and are super nice. They have high quality bunny food too which is unheard of - I used to have to buy it online. I highly recommend them.

I'm going to check out the new Baltimore Pet Shoppe since it's right down the street. I've heard good things.

Also please beware Doggie Style - they sell puppy mill puppies :(

If we could somehow consolidate this thread into a list by location that people could copy/paste, that would be easy to search...
PITtsburgher
Matured Bully

Postby SoArkSi » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:01 pm

Eppinette's Kennel Supply, El Dorado, Arkansas. They have an awesome line of their own food! They also carry alot of top name brands too. They also are great with pit bull needs with tons of safe toys and food/water dishes. If you are anywhere near south Arkansas or north Louisiana you need to come check out the new store!
SoArkSi
Newborn Bully

Postby JeepinDog » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:57 pm

JB Pet Supply in South Hackensack, NJ. They're very pitty friendly, and along with the "popular" dog food, they also carry natural and hollistic brands.
JeepinDog
Addicted to PBF

Postby KsMomma » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:40 pm

Charlotte, NC area

Happy Dog Cafe and Boutique
http://www.happydogcafe.net/
Crates
Leashes
Treats
Outdoor Gear
Toys
Dog Food:

Before Grain
Canidae
Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul
Stella and Chewy's
Taste of the Wild
Wellness

Saturdays from 2-4pm "Yappy Hour"

Birthday Parties
Adoptions
Training
KsMomma
Newborn Bully

Postby Pibbles ATL » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:32 pm

Atlanta, GA pet stores that I shop at (there are tons more I have yet to stop at, these are the ones in my neighborhood)

Inman Park Pet Works
914A Austin Avenue, Atlanta GA 30307 - 404.522.4544

Definitely my favorite pet store in Atlanta. Stocked to the brim with high quality toys, collars, leashes, a variety of foods, seasonal items, and more. They offer grooming services as well as a self-washing area. They also have an animal art gallery with cool pet artwork by local artists. Laura, the owner, is awesome. She's sweet as the day is long and will help you with whatever you need. She's very knowledgable and will even special order items for you. Overall I give these guys a 10 out of 10. Oh almost forgot, they have frequent shopper stamp cards - 25% off anything in the store (sans food) after 15 visits.

Food brands they carry: Eagle Pack, Wysong, Innova, Evo, California Natural, Timber Wolf (Special Order Only), Brighteyes Frozen Raw Foods for Dogs and Cats, Orijen, Felidae, Canidae, Solid Gold, Merrick, Natures Variety, Wellness, Natural Balance, Pinnacle, Natures Variety Frozen Raw Foods.

Park Pet Supply
479 A Flat Shoals Ave. • Atlanta, GA 30316 • Ph: 404.588.0140
http://www.parkpetsupply.com

Great/knowledgable staff, really friendly people and most of the people are very into bully breeds (a plus in my book).
7 out of 10 for toys/collars/leashes in stock - good products but not a HUGE amount of choices
9 out of 10 for food/treats in stock - they carry: California Natural, Innova, Evo, Canidae, Solid Gold, Wellness, Wysong, Taste of the Wild, Diamond Naturals, Halo, Chicken Soup for the Pet Lovers Soul, Natural Balance, Nutro, Nature's Variety, Merrick, Evangers (canned), Premium Edge.
They also offer pet grooming which I haven't used yet but I'm sure it's also great.

The Clean Dog
745 Edgewood Ave, Atlanta, GA 30312 - http://www.thecleandog.com - 404-567-1750

Cute little shop which specializes in grooming and offers a self-washing area. Because they specialize in grooming ... there leaves a little something to be desired in the 'stuff' department. They have a pretty goood supply of toys and collars. Perfect little shop to stop in for a necessity when you don't want to spend an arm and a leg on dog stuff.
They carry Innova, EVO, Wellness, Solid Gold, California Natural, Nature's Variety.
Pibbles ATL
Newborn Bully

Postby austinkelly » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:31 pm

Sadly the best pet store in our area was shut down recently. They carried the best dog food and were owned locally.
austinkelly
Newborn Bully

Postby Enamorada » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:59 pm

I would say Pet's Discount Warehouse in Honolulu, near the NEX and Target. They have Taste of the Wild, Wellness..etc. But because they now sell puppies, I only go when there's a good sale or I need to change up their food. I don't like supporting that puppy mill crap.
Enamorada
Super Bully

Postby originalg00kster » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:26 pm

San Diego, CA (Hillcrest)

Chama's Dog Wash and Grooming

Top quality food (raw and kibble)
Grain,wheat,corn-free doggie treats (meat and biscuits)
Great accessories for your pups...once again top quality!
Cat food also!
You-Wash for $12 or We-Wash for $24 (they make the soap or scent you want for your pup, it's great!)

Ernest and Olivia are the owners...and they're great folks. Real cool place and atmosphere.

If you're in the San Diego area...i'd highly recommend this place..you won't be disappointed.

-Sunny
originalg00kster
Newborn Bully

Postby DakotaMidnight » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:01 am

I usually order my food from www.mrchewy.com or www.petflow.com or pick it up at Tractor supply from time to time but more $$.
DakotaMidnight
Newborn Bully

Previous

Return to Health Issues