American Bulldog help needed

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sun May 22, 2011 1:59 pm

Took in a mother dog today, she was torn up pretty bad by the pit bull in the home....why these butt heads had two breeding females with litters on the ground at the same !@*!@#$ time...greedy bastards breeding ABs and APBTs as fast as they can...anyway, she is thin and very injured with new and old wounds. I have her an all her puppies. The puppies are leaving tonight to go to a foster home in another state. They still want to nurse but she is so sick and distracted she is not caring for them anymore. Probably the safest thing since the owners have threatened bodily harm and want their dogs back but they willingly signed them over initially. Mother dog is really nice, she's going to the vet in the Am and probably going to stay the week getting fixed up. She is non reactive to my male pit bull but I am sure she's going to be hyper sensitive to females.

I will get her fully vetted and spayed but I need help. I would love to find an AB rescue that can take her in. I think she's a nice girl. I already committed to another foster dog that is coming next weekend and I just am feeling WAY over stretched right now. Solid white AB, about 50 lbs but should be about 70-80, she's a large framed girl. I think she'll be pretty but right now she's got eye infections in both eyes and an abscess in her neck and several wounds to the face.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Re: American Bulldog help needed

Postby Luna_Redmoon » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:29 pm

where are you located? hopefully somewhere near TN/GA?
i would love to have her cause thats simular to how I got Lou Lou. she is 12 now. and i been wanting to get another dog. in particular female. I also have a male, who is 3, Jethro that is deaf. but neither one could really give a damn about another dog lol. just like doing their own thing. I have already been through the whole healing of the wounds, having to redo stitches, training, etc. i was originally looking for a puppy, but idk... she kinda calls to me.

So hoping you are near me lol. OH! Does she have a name? And I could even get her fixed by my vet they never charge me much because they know me well from previous rescues. But now im looking for an addition to my home.
Luna_Redmoon
Newborn Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:41 pm

Her name is Rose and I couldn't get any bites so she's just another added to my home without having the space to do so. She's getting the best I can provide so she will be available through our organization. She's now fully vetted, had her eyes fixed, a tooth removed with a dental, HW neg and on prevention. She will travel for the right home. She's an AMERICAN BULLDOG, not just a large pit bull. She was 70 lbs and still gaining, should put on about 10-15 more. She's going to be about 80-90 lbs, large for a Scott type but she's pretty tall, long body, long legs. Good with other pets so far but she's a dominant girl. She needs an owner who understands the breed, if she doesn't have a firm handler, she will throw her weight around. She would totally run the household on someone who was a whimpy owner. She's pushy for affection, a leaner, bumps arms, "talks" to get attention. We are trying to correct all of that because it's a pain in the butt. A bit of a counter surfer but respects baby gates. House broken.

http://ascpbr.com/Rose.html

It's been a week since I've taken pictures. I need to get her stitches out on Monday but she's looking pretty good.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby PitBull-Lady » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:57 pm

Poor poor momma, I do wish I could help be a foster. How about a donation instead? What would be the best? Direct donation to AR?

As for those people who bread her, there is a special place for them...
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:59 pm

Sorry not AR but ASC.

Also, what was wrong with her eyes?
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:19 am

She had bilateral entropian in her lower lids. We also have a bull mastiff/english bulldog that we did the surgery on last week. He looks bad still, he had bilateral and both eye lids. It just amazes me when people can look at their dog....clearly in pain and just leave them that way.

Donations are wonderful! We have a paypal account if anyone wants to donate online.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:38 pm

Rose is getting her second eye surgery next wednesday. She had surgery a couple of weeks ago but they did not pull down enough eyelid and while she can see well, she still rubs her eyes. All of her daughters are getting spayed next week too.

Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Keira&Phoenix » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:54 pm

Nawww lovely Rose looks sooooo happy!!! I hope she finds a forever home soon.

Her puppies are just adorbale. I especially love the two with the black on their faces, the one with the double marks over the eyes like a mask is just way to cute!
Keira&Phoenix
Adolescent Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:52 pm

The double masked girl is one still available. The rest have interested applications
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby kagnew » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:52 pm

Oh dear, cuteness overload!!!!!! So glad to know they are now in good hands!

Rose needs somebody to scritch er!
kagnew
Newborn Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:34 am

Rose is a very nice lady. House broken, crate trained, good with other dogs, good with cats. She's a little pushy but easy to manage
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby trip8581 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:13 pm

Those puppies are adorable! :inlove: and their mom is beautiful! But holy heck Molly is ginormous!!!!! :wow how old is she now?!?!
trip8581
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:46 pm

trip8581 wrote:But holy heck Molly is ginormous!!!!! how old is she now?!?!

She's 6 months old, I'm wondering how much bigger she's going to get.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby afrikaPB » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:07 pm

holy chocolate how has nobody applied for the double mask pup!? she's beautiful!!!
afrikaPB
Matured Bully

Postby afrikaPB » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:09 pm

Upon a second viewing, I see that the masked girl is making all the noise! lol
afrikaPB
Matured Bully

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs