sad saps in ontario

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

sad saps in ontario

Postby Skamp » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:50 am

Bones and I are so sad. (for anyone who doesn't know; Ontario is the latest place to pass breed legislations). i took my baby to the pet store last night to be fitted for his first muzzel, he took it like a man, i cryed my eyes out in the middle of the store, every one at the pet store knows what a great dog he is. he's a tiny pit with a huge heart, he went up to a young woman at the beach who was crying not to long ago, sat beside her and placed his head on her lap, we didn't even know her, she was so greatful, it seems her cat had just died. i'm sorry to be going on like this but i'm so unconsolably upset.

point of the matter being, i couldn't bring myself to buy him a muzzle, i don't know which would be less uncomfortable, and less degrading for him, if anyone can suggest something, hopefully something that won't make him look like hannibal lectar we would really appreciate it. thank you.
Skamp

Postby GreddysAngel » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:17 am

Welcome, thats a cute story.

Im in Ontario too and I know how you feel, so if anyone can suggest a muzzle looking thing that wont be uncorfortable or obvious it would be great!
GreddysAngel
Addicted to PBF

Muzzles

Postby Dobelover » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:55 am

have you tried one of the nylon muzzles? They have solid ones and a mesh-type one. Each one of my dogs has one. It will take the dog some time to get used to it. My "kids" give me a very sad look when it goes on... but it's for their own safety...
Dobelover

Muzzles

Postby Dobelover » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:55 am

have you tried one of the nylon muzzles? They have solid ones and a mesh-type one. Each one of my dogs has one. It will take the dog some time to get used to it. My "kids" give me a very sad look when it goes on... but it's for their own safety...
Dobelover

Postby PitBullPride » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:12 pm

Welcome.....and that is such a sad but true story......
PitBullPride

Postby cleokarrot » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:46 pm

Welcome!
Our hearts go out to all you Pittie owners in Ontario :sad:
Kate, Boscoe and Mordecai
cleokarrot

Postby Boo439 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:55 pm

Welcome to the board. Our thoughts are with you guys. :(
Boo439

Postby My Dog Benson » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:06 pm

We are going out this weekend to look for a muzzle for Benson and Payton. Our puppy trainer suggested a Gentle leader. Do you think this will qualify? Comments?
My Dog Benson
Newborn Bully

Postby ShadowWolf » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:40 pm

Welcome to the board. I don't know if a gentle leader would classify as a muzzle, but there's one called a comfort muzzle that looks like that. The few times I've used a GL with dogs I've worked with have always thought them to be muzzles. I would call the local humane society and see what they've got to say on it.

Our prayers are with you and the rest of the Ontario bully lovers and owners.
ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby phez718 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:37 pm

Welcome to the board. :)

Ooh I hate this..here's a wire basket muzzle :sad:
http://www.morrco.com/mm10.html
phez718

Postby satanscheerleader » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:19 pm

Those are definite Hannibal Lector muzzles! Tank wears a nylon mesh one...
satanscheerleader
Addicted to PBF

Broken Hearted

Postby August95 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:38 pm

Skamp, that just breaks my heart. What is happening in ON. is sickening and scary. I am in BC and we are praying for you all, I hope that people calm down and you will be safe. There is an ezboard dedicated to helping on Ontario Bullies, I am sure the address is around here somewhere.
August95

Postby violet » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:34 pm

:sad: :welcome: so sorry for what those of you in Ontario are going through..it is so wrong.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby tjbsandy » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:01 am

:hi :welcome:
tjbsandy

Postby Masquerade » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:26 am

Truly heartbreaking for you and your guy. My heart goes out to everyone affected in Ontario.

Bull
S#!&
Legislation
Masquerade

Next

Return to Introductions