Patterdale anyone?

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Patterdale anyone?

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:21 pm

My name is Spaz, though I am listed as Jazz so my name doesn't hinder my adoption potential. 4 year old Patterdale. Neutered, vaccinated, had a dental with extractions and microchipped. Good with other dogs (well, he is a terrier so he likes to mix it up a bit) Seems to be Ok with cats, though most cats are larger than he is. When he slips past the baby gate he is not interested in chasing, seems curious and interested but more interested in checking out the house. He's crate trained and working on house breaking. He is good in the house, likes to be held. Respects a baby gate, very quiet in his crate. He loves to get rough with the big girls, can take a lickin and keep on tickin. Very hardy, bit of a digger in the yard if left unattended, chews on sticks, likes to sprawl in the dirt. About 12-13 lbs.

He's an adult so he's not insane with energy. People soft and very responsive. Good eye contact. Please pass around, I am up to my eyeballs in dogs. He's solid black, smooth coat, a little wiry strip down his back and on his tail. Effervescent terrier personality. Was at an all day event and spent most of the day working the crowd for attention when he wasn't trying to get up in laps.
http://ascpbr.com/SPAZ.html
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Re: Patterdale anyone?

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:13 pm

Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Adrianne » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Would you be willing to adopt out to a working terrier home? I have a friend in the midwest who works his patterdale and his fell terriers on pest control and was recently talking about getting another dog. If it might be a good fit I'll pass him along.
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby Hoyden » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:32 am

Looks like he would be perfect for the Gremlin.

Her report card comes home on Thursday, if she has straight A's, her dad owes her a dog. She has 3 B's and 2 A's on her mid period report.

Her father is very scared.
Hoyden
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:23 pm

My preference for Jazz the Spaz is to go to a pet home, one that would work him a little but he would not live outside or on a chain. That was his previous life and he's adjusted quite well to living in a home as a pet. He crates like a dream, quiet, respectful. He likes being inside and he likes laps even better. He's a little flirt and loves putting on a show for attention. Being that he's a little older, I do not know how he would do in a true working home. He does not mind the cats here which to me would signal that he's not going to be really all that thrilled about going to ground but I could be very wrong. He's nippy with the girls to play and get their attention but never nippy with people.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby merriterrier » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:54 pm

Amy you are here-by banned from posting any more dogs for adoption! You always post ones I want! Curse you! I could just snatch him up in a heartbeat! :tongue:

Actually, he sounds like a pretty ideal Patterdale for an active pet home.

Amy Hendrickson wrote:He does not mind the cats here which to me would signal that he's not going to be really all that thrilled about going to ground but I could be very wrong.

Rosen is a doll with cats, but a terror in the ground. (granted, he does like to harass the cat a bit)
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:38 pm

He will make a nice pet : ). Pass him around if you can. He's great with Rose, my foster American Bulldog but Molly (my Cane Corso puppy) treats him like her personal squeak toy...we are working on that with him and with the cats. He's pretty hardy and can hold his own for the most part. I almost think Rose is too tolerant with his nippy little butt.

He's just sawing away at her back leg and she just stands there.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:29 am

bumping, still no nibbles on Jazz. Pass around if you can
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby merriterrier » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:08 am

I'll spread the word. If I weren't full, I would be beating down your door for Spazz.
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:18 am

Any luck with this guy?
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:08 am

He did finally get a home, not the home I had wanted but a good home. I wanted a working pet home, one that would do something with him like earth dog. But he got a good home, he's living with a 50something couch potato in a condo that wanted a lap dog. There's a small yard and a dogpark near by.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby merriterrier » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:59 am

Not bad. You can't always get what you want.
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs