Can't find the perfect diet???

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

What type of food do you feed your dogs???

Timberwolf Organics
17%
California Natural
4%
Canidae
29%
Flint River
3%
Innova
14%
Innovative Veterinary Diets Duck and Potato
1%
Natural Balance
17%
PetGuard LifeSpan
1%
Pinnacle
1%
Wellness Super5Mix Hormone-Free Lamb
13%

Total votes : 425

Postby satanscheerleader » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:13 pm

I think I read those in the Pit Bull Forum Resource Section.
satanscheerleader
Addicted to PBF

Postby heather » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:36 pm

Diamond doesnt' seem to be very good, but they have a lamb and rice forumula with no by-product or corn or wheat. it is 2-3cup serving per day for a 50-60lb dog and is 22 dollars for 40 pounds. It is AAFCO feed tested as well. My friend in vet school says that it should say feed test substantiate and that shows actual feed tests were done. i know some smaller companies dont' do that b/c they are small and don't compete so much with larger companies--having thier own market. I thought i would try it so i bought a little bag. the ingredients are pretty good. lamb, rice, egg, no artificial anything.
heather
Addicted to PBF

Postby sammie » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:43 pm

We tried natural balenance and she hated it! She took every piece out of her bowl and spread them around the house. We are buying Nutro: Lamb and Rice for improved skin and coat and she loves it!
sammie

Postby Insomnia » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:52 pm

sorry, I remember seeing something like this in another topic but can't find it so I'll ask anyways. I can't find any good raw bones to buy around here, the only time I can get them is when I buy a lot from a butcher and he'd give me a few, but I live by myself, so rarely I have to go to a butcher. What other raw bones can I treat her that's not too expensive? I sometime get her whole ox tails but it's expensive as hell. I'm wonder if treating her with raw turkey necks is safe, those are dirt cheap.
Insomnia

Postby PitBullPride » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:30 pm

I'm LOVIN the Canidae......don't see myself switching for a LONG while.
PitBullPride

Postby satanscheerleader » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:47 pm

I have given my dogs raw turkey necks and even though I am a little nervous doing it.... so far so good.
satanscheerleader
Addicted to PBF

Postby twolilones0002 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:04 am

Can someone post the website for the Caindae,or how ever you spell that damn word :oops: thanks :)
twolilones0002

Postby clostoyo » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:27 pm

www.canidae.com hope this helps :peace:
clostoyo

Postby Phi » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:20 pm

majority seems to be canidae and wellness . . . i wonder what's better?
Phi

Postby frenchie_mama » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:20 pm

I feed my dogs Eagle Pack Holistic and I love it. I don't see it on the list, but I think it's a great food. Innova gave one of my dogs constantly runny poops (although the others did fine on it) and wellness made their teeth just gross and gave them smelly breath. I also give them extras like eggs, yogurt, pumkin, sardines and some canned food. I want to try the wysong all-meat canned stuff, has anyone tried this?
frenchie_mama

Postby geli » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:14 pm

i went from bil jac to nutro to canidae and now im trying wellness venison for allergies

tito was fine on bil jac but it was bad food and he was a pup

nutro killed him...he dried out got hives all over him

canidae he was good on it then recently he started getting red marks and itchy belly/under his legs and all 4 paws

now i just switched to wellness venison im keeping him on just that to see if his skin clears up

tried to get timberwolf but they didnt have it a the store i go to
geli

Postby X-girl » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:44 pm

geli wrote:canidae he was good on it then recently he started getting red marks and itchy belly/under his legs and all 4 paws

now i just switched to wellness venison im keeping him on just that to see if his skin clears up

Geli, Lola had the exact same issues on Canidae after several months of doing very well on it. I don't know about the Wellness Venison but the Nature's Variety Venison has no rice in it at all and has worked wonder's for her. It's an excellent kibble.
X-girl
Regulator

Postby geli » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:06 pm

really good to hear

was it red itchy bumps ??

he also got it in his leg/armpit area nothing on the top of his body though
his paws are pretty bad and he has been biting at them
so i just went today and picked up the wellness...he gobbled it right up

hopefully this works...canidae was a lot cheaper though

i was thinking it might of been grass allergies but he is in the grass all the time and he never had them before.

damn prince tito always with the drama
geli

Postby X-girl » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:15 pm

geli wrote:was it red itchy bumps ??

he also got it in his leg/armpit area nothing on the top of his body though
his paws are pretty bad and he has been biting at them

Red 'spots' for Lola - not raised - all over her underside. Her muzzle would be bright red on really bad days, ears would itch her so badly she would make them bleed and scab, and her paws/nails would seemingly drive her nuts because they were so dry.

I am so happy the NV cleared it up, it killed me to see her so uncomfortable. I hope the Wellness works for Tito.
X-girl
Regulator

Postby geli » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:49 pm

thanks me and tito hope so to

yeah it sounds like pretty much the same thing he doesnt get any on his face though

if anyone else has a dog with allergies take a look at this stuff

www.oldmotherhubbard.com

FOR ALLERGIES AND FOOD SENSITIVITIES

More than 50% of all dog owners feel that their dog currently suffers from some sort of allergic reaction or food sensitivity:

Skin & Coat Conditions
Stomach Disorders
Hot Spots
Itchy paws
Ear and Eye Secretions
Holistic practitioners agree that, the common factor with most allergy-afflicted pets is a diet comprised of unnatural foods that often contain chemical additives, preservatives, and flavorings. For dogs that are currently suffering from an allergic reaction or breeds prone to one or more of these challenges, Wellness has developed "Simple Food Solutions".

The Wellness Way

"Simple Food Solutions" is the Wellness Way of approaching allergies and food sensitivities. A food worthy of the Wellness brand name, Simple Food Solutions is a natural way to provide relief and restore health, happiness, and well-being to the animals who depend on us. We’ve limited each formula to 1 Meat Protein + 1 Carbohydrate and have perfectly complemented this powerful base with 3 other essential supplemental ingredients... simply 5 main ingredients – that’s all – we never include anything your dog doesn’t need. Five ingredients of superior quality that combine to cover the complete nutritional spectrum and provide your dog a perfect, tasty, balanced meal.

Tasty Solutions: Duck or Venison

Sounds gourmet – in fact, these two carefully selected protein choices are better than gourmet, they’re all natural, powerful and far less likely to cause a reaction from a pre-existing condition or digestion intolerance. Our New Zealand-raised venison and USDA-inspected deboned duck have been specifically chosen for their anti-allergen properties and their powerful nutritional attributes. Best of all, these are meat tastes that dogs crave.

A Simple Solution

Less is truly more when approaching existing allergy challenges or preventing them from occurring. Holistic nutritional experts strongly advocate limiting the number of foods consumed at any one feeding. Eating only one food at a time aids digestion and elimination and allows for a greater level of nutrient absorption.

1 Unique Meat Protein + 1 Carbohydrate – it’s that simple.
geli

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues