Getting a new foster!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Getting a new foster!

Postby ilovetyson » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:07 pm

Well, it has been a while since i have fostered a Pittie, and boy do I Miss it! :)

Well, there is a Animal Control in the next county over.. they have a Pit Bull Ambassador program. All though this shelter is a High Kill.. They have a program for the Pit Bulls to help them stay longer. They have a trainer that comes in and Works with the dogs and gets them there basics, and then the CGC! :) But without space or a foster the dogs are still in Danger of being put to sleep.. And I saw another pittie posted on FB, and offered to foster her.. But she had a place.. So they said that this One lil Girl, "Lola" needs a foster, or she will be pts next week. Soo, I am taking her :)
She has already passed her Temperment Test and passed with Flying Colors! And if she didn't get her CGC wed, she is due to get it! :) So, I am pretty excited to get her and foster a Bully again! :) I Will be getting her tomorrow She looks to be a Red Brindle and White .. Like my first Pittie Foster I had Woot!

Thats the only picture I have right now, I will get more once I get her here :)
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: Getting a new foster!

Postby ilovetyson » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:01 pm

Well, we just got home about a hr ago with her and did some intro's. She will stay on leash till I am comfortable. She has been in AC for 6 mo on a neglect case, and the old owner is no longer allowed to own animals. Good!

she is Incredibly sweet! And knows Sit, and down perfectly! Her down is actually better then Jades! lol

She has not recieved her CGC Yet.. But is rdy for it.
She did beautifully intro with my two girls, and is learning about cats. She wants to say Hi.. and is Ok.. till they move then she wanted to chase.. But, with one correction she has been perfect since. She is very correction easy Lol! So nice to have!

We have her baby Gated in the office with us and the other 2 dogs.. and the cats are roaming the house. My baby kitten is very interested in her and keeps sticking her paw in to swat at her. Lol And Lola was play bowing .. and I think moved to fast..and the kitten hissed.. and I think Lola jumped 10 feet! haha

But here are some pics of her so far :) I am sure she wont be with us long, she is beautiful and such a sweety! She does need to loose a few pounds, she is a bit hefty for my liking! :)

ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilovetyson » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:42 pm

*crickets* Ok, I thought she was cute. Lol
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby patty » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Awww she is beautiful :inlove: and looks soooo happy. Thanks for helping her out!! How is she fitting in after a couple of days?
patty
Forum Junky

Postby ilovetyson » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:01 pm

She is wonderful with the other dogs, But is learning that the cats aren't her size to play with LOL :) She is doing better in the crate now that she is next to my two. :) I was hoping she would be good for the Pits for Patriots program, But because of her being playful/wanting to chase the cats.. they wont accept her :( So, I am Hoping very much I can get her over that. Cause she would be A MAZING for that!

Thanks for asking :)
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilovetyson » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:09 pm

I leave the crate doors open..and I turned around to this... Lol...

ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Adrianne » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:54 pm

omg I think she's adorable but what's even cuter is how your girls have so quickly accepted her. :inlove: Good luck with her!!
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby Keira&Phoenix » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:25 am

She is an absolute Stunner! :inlove:

Cannot wait until I can make the big move to the US and start helping out these beautiful dogs over there!
Keira&Phoenix
Adolescent Bully

Postby pacopoe » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:40 am

ilovetyson wrote:Image

I just noticed that your resident cat and dog have the same markings lol

Good luck with her, and thanks for getting her out of the shelter. 6 months is a long time to stay kenneled and spending more time there probably wasn't going to help her get adopted. Now she really has a new leash on life!
pacopoe
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:27 am

Lucky Lola!! She is a pretty dog and so lucky to have you and your fur family to get her acquainted with regular life!! :yipee:
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby jamielvsaustin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:58 am

She looks so happy!

Holy tennis balls.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby ilovetyson » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:42 am

Yes, Topaz and Jade look like. I have a thing for Blue/white tuxedo colored animals :) hahaha

Yes, my girls are really good about fosters. I think Falise has only HATED One of them.. And he was a Nut Ball. He was I think a Am Bully of some kind. Short, Wide and very Dum Dum Like Lol

yes! The Tennis Balls! lmao I went to a event with a local Pit Bull rescue..and petsupermarket kept coming over handing us Bags of these tennis balls. So they could get rid of them. They handed them out to the rescues. Soo, I took a cpl bags of them. Lmao :) Falise is a tennis ball eater.. So these are flimsy ones so don't last TTOOO Long. :)

Thanks for all the compliments! She is a beautiful dog, But kinda.. Mocho Looking for a girl. Lol I Keep saying she has a stripper name, but looks like a Boy. Soo weird. LOL :)
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Jay James » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:53 pm

Oh my she is gorgeous!
Jay James
Newborn Bully

Postby ilovetyson » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Here's some pics we took today outside. Please excuse the long... weeds "Grass" We have. it has been raining so much we havn't been able to mow. Lol

ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby patty » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:10 pm

Are you sure you are going to be able to part with her lol She looks even more beautiful than before. So happy to be loved and skipping with a tennis ball.
patty
Forum Junky

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs