Treat em' right rescue in houston

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Postby Jellin » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:07 pm

Do not support this non profit group. Another rescue was boarding dogs for them (another non-profit) for a minimal fee (less than 10 dollars a day per dog) and they neglected payment for almost the entire time. This caused 7 people to lose jobs, and they took back only the dogs they wanted to take care of. Now that the shelter that was crapped on has about 10 dogs that will have no homes by aug 1st. Some of these dogs are aggressive, but any fosters/or fosters to adopt are welcome. I ask for everyone in Houston or surrounding areas to not donate to Treat Em Right rescue. Please email me @
bigjimsladee@yahoo.com for any more details.
Jellin
BANNED

Re: Treat em' right rescue in houston

Postby xKayleighx » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:42 pm

I'm sorry, I haven't heard ANY bad things about this rescue. I've been helping walk dogs at their new facility and not once have I gotten a sense that they would do this type of thing.

What shelter were they boarding dogs? And when was this? I was told they try not to board dogs anymore because they've gotten them back in worse shape than before boarding. And this is the main reason that Dr. Cooper moved the facility and built on to it so they can do in house boarding.

I would need way more information to stop supporting this rescue group b/c they've been doing a lot of great things for pit bulls and pit bull mixes. I'm not in the position to donate money, but I do donate my time and I've never thought I was wasting it by helping this rescue.
xKayleighx
Newborn Bully

Postby xKayleighx » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:01 pm

Just amending my previous post... Dr. Cooper didn't "build on" to any facility they just bought a bigger place and are doing some renovations to it at the moment so they can do in house boarding instead of boarding dogs at other facilities.
xKayleighx
Newborn Bully

Postby Cherry » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:20 pm

I've donated items and funds to this rescue. I've visited the new location and have talked with volunteers there multiple times. It seems to me they are doing amazing things. Wyatt (the pit puppy thrown off the balcony) has become a community hero and the rescue is doing great things to get a positive pit bull message out to the public while saving as many lives as possible. I'm sure there is much more to the story than the version you have heard.
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Jellin » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:03 pm

Theres about 10 pitbulls about to be homeless thanks to TERR. Some are even on their webpage. Besos, bones, Isabelle, Snow, Tallullah, Tinkerbell are just a few that are still at the "shelter where they dogs are losing weight." I saw the dogs as recently as last week and they are doing great, a few may be over wieght. . phht, Thier dogs go on walks, the other shelter has a huge fenced yard. All im saying is TERR are liars and used the kind heart of the manager of All dogs to keep their dogs there while the new facility was being built; knowing all along they would not pay for any costs regarding to the dogs boarding there. There is still a girl who was attacked by TERR's dog Posey. The girl will never walk normally again, and TERR has refused to help with medical bills.
Jellin
BANNED

Postby Jellin » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Im hoping some of you volunteers ask why those dogs are there and get them to come pick the dogs up. Maybe TERR can redeem themselves by at least taking care of the dogs they promised to. As for the girl that was attacked, i would seek consul. The 5 or 6 employees losing their jobs because of the non payment issue i truly feel bad for and hope they give the big FU to TERR.
Jellin
BANNED

Postby Jellin » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:31 pm

see my topic in the general forums. STAY AWAY FROM THIS RESCUE.
Jellin
BANNED

Postby xKayleighx » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:45 am

I'm pretty sure when I was at their facility last weekend Besos, Bones, and Tinkerbell were there. :huh?:
xKayleighx
Newborn Bully

Postby Jellin » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:14 am

xKayleighx wrote:I'm pretty sure when I was at their facility last weekend Besos, Bones, and Tinkerbell were there. :huh?:

LOL TOTAL LIE... THESE 3 DOGS ARE AT 2110 RICHMOND and have been for months. not at kathleen and dr coopers place in the nw side of town. I understand you like TERR, but do not lie.
Jellin
BANNED

Postby Jellin » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:23 am

but please do mention these dogs to them so they come and pick them up. chocolate, ill even drive them out there myself if they will care for them after the 31st. like i said in previous posts, the facility the dogs are in is closing down due to TERR denial of a financial obligation. dogs will be homeless, people will be unemployed.
Jellin
BANNED

Postby cashisking » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:02 pm

Wow, it's starting to get a little ugly in here.
cashisking
Bully Ambassador

Postby xKayleighx » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:37 pm

Jellin wrote:
xKayleighx wrote:I'm pretty sure when I was at their facility last weekend Besos, Bones, and Tinkerbell were there. :huh?:

LOL TOTAL LIE... THESE 3 DOGS ARE AT 2110 RICHMOND and have been for months. not at kathleen and dr coopers place in the nw side of town. I understand you like TERR, but do not lie.

I said I was "pretty sure" I wasn't saying they were absolutely. I walked a lot of dogs and didn't get introduced to all of them.

Do not call me a liar.
xKayleighx
Newborn Bully

Postby heartbullies » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:46 pm

I hope this isn't true for the dogs' sake, but I have seen first-hand some unethical rescues adopting out dogs with bite histories to unknowing families, kenneling or crating dogs for days, months, weeks, years at a time, or not retrieving their dogs from municipal shelters. I do not know this rescue in particular but have seen some horrors and extraordinarily depressing things from 501c3 "rescues."

Here are some ideas: go to the local news with the information and see if they will cover it; if local business is affected AND the rescue is misusing donation funds and not paying board fees AND animals are being neglected, they will likely cover it. People won't continue to donate and thus enable a hoarding situation IF they know about it and also people may come forward to rescue these dogs one last time. The unpaid business should send a report of all the unpaid bills to small claims, and also possibly contact a recovery/collection agency. If animals are not being cared for as the law requires, photograph and document it and REPORT IT to Animal Control. Worst case scenario if the dogs are seized, honestly, humane euthanasia is not the worst fate I have seen for dogs.

Sent from my ATRIX using Tapatalk
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby MikeInTacoma » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 pm

I think this belongs in the Rescue forum. I see that you agree with me, Jellin, since you also posted this in the Rescue forum. Just so you're aware of it, we generally discourage posting things in more than one forum. There are rare exceptions to that policy, but I don't see why this should be one of them.

Please note the specific additional rules for the Rescue forum, in particular:
* Negative posts about rescue people or organizations without irrefutable proof may not be posted.
* Do Not Adopt (DNA) lists are not allowed as we have no way of determining their accuracy.
MikeInTacoma
Regulator

Postby Jellin » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:52 pm

yea sorry for the dbl post. didnt see that section until after i had originally posted, thats why i linked that post to here.

I really just wanted to give a heads up to the houston area members, and to let them know that this rescue is run by people who are in over their heads, and people and dogs lives are paying the price. If they cannot commit to the dogs in their program (and on their websites adoption page) then they need to shut it down. I will personally be at some of TERRs next events to let the people there know the way they have treated passed situations. I have honestly wanted to call animal control on Kathleen the president just because she is not under city law in her own house (like 15 dogs i think) and has made my friends become unemployed. My rage subsided and i thought better. However, anyone who donates or volunteers at this rescue should find a real non-profit for pitbulls in the area to help out at. oh and if you want to know about the dog summaries they post on the adoption page, just ask. Most are totally wrong.
Jellin
BANNED

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs