Treat em' right rescue in houston

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: Treat em' right rescue in houston

Postby xKayleighx » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:13 pm

And which real non profit for pit bulls would you suggest??
xKayleighx
Newborn Bully

Postby merriterrier » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:01 am

DISCLAIMER: I know nothing of the org in the OP . I am not making this statement about that org.

There are many rescues/shelters that look good on the surface, but if you look deeper you will realize they are not what they seem. Sometimes it takes months of directly working within the org to see this. I know of well respected rescues/shelters that would simply appall supporters if supporters knew what was happening to the dogs in the org.
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby Jellin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:17 pm

Well, they now are in possession of almost all of their dogs. TERR is claiming that dogs were just dumped on them. This is not true. These were dogs in their program that they were going to neglect, and only took back when threatened with legal action. At least dr cooper is a redeeming herself kinda.
Jellin
BANNED

Postby pacopoe » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:04 pm

merriterrier wrote:DISCLAIMER: I know nothing of the org in the OP . I am not making this statement about that org.

There are many rescues/shelters that look good on the surface, but if you look deeper you will realize they are not what they seem. Sometimes it takes months of directly working within the org to see this. I know of well respected rescues/shelters that would simply appall supporters if supporters knew what was happening to the dogs in the org.

This is true.

What is also true is that great organizations who do things right also get bad-mouthed by disgruntled individuals all the time. Rescue is a highly emotional realm and tends to bring out the crazy in people.

The two things that stick out to me here are the OP's threats
I will personally be at some of TERRs next events to let the people there know the way they have treated passed situations.

and the multiple people losing their jobs. I worked at a day care/boarding place staffed by about 10 people who cared for 100+ dogs. The amount of clients who would have to cease payment in order to put half of us out of work would be... well, about half. I don't now the whole story, but either that's a huge number of dogs in their care or the boarding place is very mismanaged and the rescue is being used as a scapegoat.

I don't know the whole story, not taking any sides, just offering perspective since I'm a Libra and this is what we do.
pacopoe
Bully Ambassador

Postby Jellin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:06 pm

The boarding facility held about 40 dogs, 30 of these were TERR's. 5 employees. so you math is about correct. btw i think my internet raving about the situation worked as TERR did pick up accept their dogs today. They did turn around and post that someone had dropped some dogs on them (they were theirs anyways) and they needed help. This is exactly the way they manipulate their volunteers and potential adoptees.
Jellin
BANNED

Postby Red » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:30 pm

Nice post Ana.
It is always good to get an idea of someone's credibility when they show up on a forum and their posts are well...not credible overall. Bashing a rescue without proof .....threads have been delete before (even when things were actually true), not sure why this one is up.
Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Jellin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:47 pm

So post count is credibility. What a joke. Just ban me. After all this is the forum that claims "american bullys" are not pitbulls and judges people on training techniques whether they work or not. Tried to bring some real local information to this community and get treated like im selling insurance to you people. On top of that praises someone who made an obvious racially motivated post about ebonic slang terms used for pit bulls.
Jellin
BANNED

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:19 pm

Jellin wrote:So post count is credibility. What a joke. Just ban me. After all this is the forum that claims "american bullys" are not pitbulls and judges people on training techniques whether they work or not. Tried to bring some real local information to this community and get treated like im selling insurance to you people. On top of that praises someone who made an obvious racially motivated post about ebonic slang terms used for pit bulls.

Jellin, Red wasn't saying your post count should be used as credibility, she was saying that the posts you've made speak for your credibility(correct me if I'm wrong Red). Frankly, I have to agree. At times I feel like you are just trolling...

BTW I don't recall anyone on this forum stating Am Bullies don't fall under the "pit bull" term. I do recall members stating they don't agree with people calling them APBT's/AST and registering them as such when they are obviously their own breed.

I also don't see why this is still open, as it does break the rules of the board. Plus the way you went about getting this word out has/had absolutely no tact or class.
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby merriterrier » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:36 pm

pacopoe wrote:
merriterrier wrote:DISCLAIMER: I know nothing of the org in the OP . I am not making this statement about that org.

This is true.

What is also true is that great organizations who do things right also get bad-mouthed by disgruntled individuals all the time. Rescue is a highly emotional realm and tends to bring out the crazy in people.

Agreed.

I think it is a good practice in the rescue world to not bad-mouth unless you have proof. And even then you've got to pick your battles. Even though people like to think rescues exist in a bubble, they do not. What happens to one org effects all groups in the same area/realm. For example in our area an all breed rescue recently closed it's doors. The amount of dogs they assisted was significant enough to make an impact on the other groups in the area who are now dealing with the over flow (and the ramifications of an influx of dogs).
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby Jellin » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:49 am

I was just informing the local Houston forum posters of a rescue that is constantly asking for free help (vols) and donations; that also has a history of not manning up to their responsibilities. Like rescuing and boarding dogs they can not afford, or neglecting medical bills resulting in maulings from their dogs. I figured (wrongly obviously) that this would be a good place to post this info. The sheer fact that i can name the dogs, the people behind the operation, the locations of their previous and new locations (and pretty much anything u need to know about it -training techs, their behave a bulls class, names; addresses) should be plenty to speak that at least my side of the situation is worth at least listening to.

The fact that some of my posts have caused others to rage (my internet word of the day to go with forum trolling) is exactly why these forums exist. To discuss pit bull related news/activites and get others POV's on the breed, standard, and all things bully. Sometimes i do stir things up, or say very opinionated things, and as long as no one is being insulted this should be the pefect place for that - as long as it all relates to pitbulls.
Jellin
BANNED

Postby Pit Chick » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:01 pm

Jellin wrote:I was just informing the local Houston forum posters of a rescue that is constantly asking for free help (vols) and donations; that also has a history of not manning up to their responsibilities. Like rescuing and boarding dogs they can not afford, or neglecting medical bills resulting in maulings from their dogs. I figured (wrongly obviously) that this would be a good place to post this info. The sheer fact that i can name the dogs, the people behind the operation, the locations of their previous and new locations (and pretty much anything u need to know about it -training techs, their behave a bulls class, names; addresses) should be plenty to speak that at least my side of the situation is worth at least listening to.

The fact that some of my posts have caused others to rage (my internet word of the day to go with forum trolling) is exactly why these forums exist. To discuss pit bull related news/activites and get others POV's on the breed, standard, and all things bully. Sometimes i do stir things up, or say very opinionated things, and as long as no one is being insulted this should be the pefect place for that - as long as it all relates to pitbulls.

I live in Houston, know of the group and could just as easily get all of the names and info you have mentioned and claim to have. Not that hard with the internet. Yes, this is a forum to discuss all things Pit Bull related, but you're walking a thin line of slander if you don't have first hand facts to back up your claims. You're not talking about Pit Bulls, you're bashing a group that just happens to rescue Pit Bulls.

I've been in the rescue game a long time and have seen how some rescues use and abuse people, animals, and donations, but I don't go blasting them on a forum where they can't defend themselves against such accusations. Maybe this group is what you say, but as someone has also mentioned, rescues also tend to have disgruntled people out for blood dragging their good name through the mud.

If this group is as bad as you claim, there are legal steps that need to be taken by the parties directly affected, not by you coming on here and trying to stir up trouble.

BTW, every rescue group asks for free help and donations, that's how they work. Of course if they have committed to paying for services rendered then they need to own up to that, but it's not your job to make sure that happens. Stopping donations to this group hurts only the animals, not the people. I personally never donate money, but I will give supplies that have to be used according to their purpose. They can't go shopping with a bag of dog food.
Pit Chick
Forum Junky

Previous

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs