Yeast Infection of the ear

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby Boo439 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:55 pm

I think they call is Diflucan :)) Just kidding!! I couldn't help myself. Hope someone has the answer for ya!

-Cassie
Boo439

Re: Yeast Infection of the ear

Postby mnp13 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:19 pm

littlefoot wrote:Does anyone have a home remedy to cure a ear yeast infection? I know for sure that this is what it is. I have heard vinegar and water works wonders, but I dont want to mess around with it.

That works, as does rubbing alcohol and water (I use that in my ears). Just use an ear dropper and fill the ear up, then massage for about a minute. Make sure you step back when you're done, because they shake their heads really hard when you let go! Best done in the back yard.

Michelle
mnp13

Postby shella677 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:37 am

That's a good idea, my rottweiler is prone to yeast in the ears. But now she has this thing where she scratches her ear so bad she starts whining and it bleeds. But there are no signs of mites or any kind of irritation, just dried up blood. Any ideas to what this could be???
shella677

chain reaction

Postby bluesky1966 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:13 am

shella677 wrote:That's a good idea, my rottweiler is prone to yeast in the ears. But now she has this thing where she scratches her ear so bad she starts whining and it bleeds. But there are no signs of mites or any kind of irritation, just dried up blood. Any ideas to what this could be???

it may have started as an itchy yeast infection, then it becaume more earitated lol and she sctratched some that caused there to be scabs that are itchy when they heal up that made her sctratch more and so on...
She need to have it heal up with no new injuries --maybe an e-collar [elizebethan collar] to keep her feet from hurting the ear or to put booties on her back paws--then clean up the ear and keep it clean because dried blood and scabs n such are food for bactereia that will make it worse
bluesky1966

Postby barbponys » Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:27 am

I know I'm paranoid but I clean my dogs ears regularly with vinegar/water. It works. Sash gets yeast infections periodically and it's easier to just clean them and make sure nothing is brewing. She's had them bad enough in the past that I've had to use vet crap and I don't really want to pay those prices so I just try to be pro-active.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby bluesky1966 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:58 am

"She's had them bad enough in the past that I've had to use vet crap and I don't really want to pay those prices so I just try to be pro-active."

that is fine as long as there is no water left after the cleaning. use the cotton ball and just put it in the top afte ear near the canal then massage the ear including the canal. keep repeating that until the cotton ball comes out compleatly clean and dry.
bluesky1966

Postby bellablue » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:55 am

[quote="bluesky1966"]"[i][b]She's had them bad enough in the past that I've had to use vet crap and I don't really want to pay those prices so I just try to be pro-active."[/b][/i]

that is fine as long as there is no water left after the cleaning. use the cotton ball and just put it in the top afte ear near the canal then massage the ear including the canal. keep repeating that until the cotton ball comes out compleatly clean and dry.[/quote]

Care to rephrase?
bellablue

ear cotton

Postby bluesky1966 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:50 am

Fill the affected ear canal with cleaning solution. put completely dry cotton balls in the canal that still has the ear cleaning solution in then [do not let he dog shake it out in the interim]. Then begin massaging the based of the affected ear right where the canal meats the skull. Remove that cotton ball and add another dry cotton ball until the liquid soaked up onto the cotton balls is no longer wet or dirty. If there is still dirt on the cotton ball then repeated the process over again until there is only very clear cleaning solution that is massaged onto the dry cotton ball
bluesky1966

Return to Health Issues