Crispen needs a home! (BARCS- Baltimore, MD)

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Crispen needs a home! (BARCS- Baltimore, MD)

Postby Bully_Love » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:51 pm

This goofy, lovable boy has been in the shelter since 5/14 and really needs a home! He is a very goofy and playful boy, very dog friendly (he loves playing in playgroup with all the other dogs!), and he absolutely adores people! He is also an active pup (but not exactly what I'd call 'hyper' or 'very high energy'), and is VERY ball motivated! He loves nothing more than to play and carry around his tennis balls! This means he may be a good sports candidate! This boy has everything going for him! That is why I'm seriously wondering what the heck he's still doing there, so I'm trying to get the word out! If anyone is interested, there is more info on the BARCS website: http://baltimoreanimalshelter.org/ They DO allow out-of-state adoptions, so don't let that deter you! He could use a foster as well! If you know anyone that may be able to help as well, that would be awesome. I just want to help 'my boy' get adopted! He's such an amazing dog, but he's getting so restless in a shelter environment!

He is 2 yrs old and I'd approximate about 48lbs (I can't remember his actual weight, but it's around that).

Videos:

Let me know if you'd like any more information! :peace:
Bully_Love
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Re: Crispen needs a home! (BARCS- Baltimore, MD)

Postby Amber » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:14 pm

Ughhh I wish!! I've had my eye on him since he went up on the website.
Unfortunately, no one else in this house wants another dog.
Is his time limited? If so, do you know how long he has?
Amber
Newborn Bully

Postby Bully_Love » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:16 am

Well, his time is limited in the sense that he is in a kill shelter. But, there's no way in knowing when exactly his time will be up. The shelter is filled to the brim, and he's already been there over 2 months. :( He definitely needs to find a home or foster ASAP! Think maybe you could talk the others in your house into the idea of fostering him? And maybe if they fall in love, you could adopt? :) He's such a good boy!
Bully_Love
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Amber » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:55 am

I'll definately talk to them! We're in Northern VA; would the shelter foster him out that far?
Amber
Newborn Bully

Postby Bully_Love » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:13 am

Hmm, I know they adopt that far, but I'm not 100% sure on fostering. Let me find out for you. I'll let you know. :)
Bully_Love
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Bully_Love » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:23 pm

So, I called the shelter and they said that they probably wouldn't do a foster out of state. They said since all of the vet care is done through BARCS, along with meet and greets, etc... that it'd be too much driving on the foster parent. If that's something that wouldn't concern you, and you really wanted to foster, I suppose you could call them and see if they'd consider making an exception. They did say they'd adopt to you, but just wouldn't be able to foster through you, unfortunately. :(
Bully_Love
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby snikles » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:46 pm

Do you know the adoption criteria? I couldn't find them on the website.
snikles
Adolescent Bully

Postby Bully_Love » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:15 pm

BARCS is pretty easy to adopt through. You just can't have any animal control violations, have approval from a landlord if you rent, and yeah... I think that's about it. They also require you to do a meet and greet with your other dogs and the potential dog. And, of course, you have to sign their adoption contract. They reserve the right to do a home visit (during the adoption process and in the future), but they really never do. But it's always a possibility. Adoptions are normally $65, but I'm not sure if they are having any specials right now.
Bully_Love
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Amber » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:03 pm

Hmm ok thanks for getting that info. I'll talk to my family, but the chances are slim. :(
Amber
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:09 pm

So you are the other NoVA person wanting to foster... I understand their policies, just sucks for the dogs. If you're interested in volunteering, the Fairfax animal shelter could use volunteers. I'm starting there in 2 weeks as a horse trainer and rehab on the weekends...after I finish orientation :-) I'm excited!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby nic » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:07 am

i just love him.He looks like so much fun!!
nic
Forum Junky

Postby Amber » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:17 pm

Curly_07 wrote:So you are the other NoVA person wanting to foster... I understand their policies, just sucks for the dogs. If you're interested in volunteering, the Fairfax animal shelter could use volunteers. I'm starting there in 2 weeks as a horse trainer and rehab on the weekends...after I finish orientation :-) I'm excited!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I've actually volunteered at Lost Dog (LDCRF) for a few years now (not so much recently, though) but we don't get many pit bulls there, so I've been trying to find other places to help out. I'll definately check out the Fairfax shelter; I definately can't pass up a shelter with horses!
Amber
Newborn Bully

Postby Bully_Love » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:34 pm

I just got the news that Crispen has been adopted! :peace: I'm gonna miss him, but I am sooo happy he's finally got a home! :D
Bully_Love
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby patty » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:48 pm

:yipee: Crispen I'm so happy for you. Wishing you the very best in your forever home, hope they have lots and lots of tennis balls to make you happy.
patty
Forum Junky

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs