Hello from Northern BC

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Northern BC

Postby lisa&tylor » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:03 pm

Hi fellow pit lovers,

Just wanted to introduce ourselves. We have been reading postings on this forum for awhile so we thought we should join!

Our names are Tylor and Lisa Wood and we live in northern BC. We became pit bull lovers about 1 year ago, when we adopted Pilot, our pit / lab X, from the SPCA. At that time we knew very little about the breed. Pilot has been such as great dog, so we decided he deserved a friend. That's when we started looking for a female puppy. We came across the Hugabull (Vancouver) website by searching on Petfinder.

As it turned out, there was a mother pit bull and 8 1-week old puppies that had been brought to the SPCA and were desperately needing a foster home. Hugabull contacted us to see if we could help. We might have been crazy to take in 9 dogs, but we said yes.

We named the mother dog Dolly (due to the size of her breasts - wow!) and helped her to get healthier. She was very skinny and obviously neglected if not also physically abused. She was frightened and a bit scary at the start but soon we earned her trust. Her affection, loyalty, and obvious joy at being around us was incredible despite the way she had been treated in the past. She really taught us the amount of love this breed is capable of. Unfortunately she was not a good candidate for adoption due to her obvious social problems, and was euthanized once the puppies were weaned.

We raised the puppies from 1 week old to 7 weeks, which was a great challenge! Cleaning of messy pens, teaching them to eat real food, and socializing them. We had parades of friends coming to see them - they were adorable! Of course we had lots of help and support from Hugabull. We adopted one of the females and named her Birk. An original name, we know. Her markings are very special. She has a distinct "BIR" down her side, which we thought we should use in her name. Also, Birk means "lively, spirited, and cocky," which totally suits her. The other 7 puppies were adopted out through Hugabull and have all found great new homes. In fact, I saw pictures of one of the females, Abbey, on this forum (hi to Abbey's owner if you see this!).

Our 2 dogs are now 1 yr, 3 months, and 4.5 months old. We love them and they are a very important part of our family (50% actually!).

We are happy to be part of the forum.

Lisa and Tylor Wood
lisa&tylor
Adolescent Bully

Postby phez718 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:15 pm

It only takes one dog to get ya hooked, huh? :headbang: I don't think I could own any other breed.

Welcome to the board! :)
phez718

Postby Noriko525 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:28 pm

Welcome! What a great intro!! :thumbsup:
Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Postby moochesmama » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:40 pm

Welcome! What an introduction to the world of pit bulls. When do we get pics of the family? :peace:
moochesmama
Bully Ambassador

Postby whiskeyman » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:42 pm

moochesmama wrote:Welcome! What an introduction to the world of pit bulls. When do we get pics of the family? :peace:

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

jeremy
whiskeyman

Postby moochesmama » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:22 pm

Duh! I even posted on that link....
moochesmama
Bully Ambassador

Postby pocketpit » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:32 pm

:welcome:
pocketpit

Postby Boo439 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:12 pm

Welcome to the board!!! I'm so glad another member named their female dog after her enormous boobies!!! lol My girl's name is Hooter because her boobies were huge when we got her. I can't wait to see pics! :)
Boo439

pictures

Postby lisa&tylor » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:02 pm

lisa&tylor
Adolescent Bully

Postby Pitt-terra » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:49 pm

Wow! :welcome:
Pitt-terra

Postby Wednesday » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:09 am

:inlove: :inlove: Birk with her little black tail and white body---that is too cute!! Oh yeah, welcome!!
Wednesday
Bully Ambassador

Postby Timmay » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:03 am

howdy
Timmay

Postby HugABull1 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:40 pm

Hey guys!!! :welcome: Wow, it's so nice to see so many "HugABullers" joining the board.

"satanscheerleader" fostered Abbey, then Dolly, "proud pit papa" adopted another one of our pups (not from your litter), apparently Abbey's dad is on here (gotta go track him down)....there's others kicking around too.

and of course Katie's on here (as Rumpley), and there's me (Danielle).

starting to feel like a family reunion :))

Big kudos to you two for all your hard work in saving those pups - if you guys hadn't stepped up (and boy did you step up!), the whole litter would've been PTS :sad:

These folks deserve a big pat on the back!

BTW, I never noticed Birk's markings before - that's WILD!!! I've never seen anything like it - it does clearly say "BiR"! (looks like it was photoshopped on or something lol)

HugABull1
www.HugABull.com

Long lost familia

Postby Rumpley » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:14 pm

Welcome :yay:

What a great picture of Birk. I've never seen her markings close up before. Kudos to you guys for saving all the little ones, as they were in a high kill rate shelter and if it weren't for all your hard work, 8 puppies wouldn't have found the awesome homes they did with people like you!
You certainly had a crash course in pittiness!!! :peace:
Rumpley
Bully Ambassador

Hi Hugabull girls

Postby lisa&tylor » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:03 pm

Hi Hugabull Girls,

Thanks for the welcome! It's definately a Hugabull reunion on this forum. Yay for the great BC (and beyond) people! Yes, we definitely did have a "pittie crash course," by fostering 8 puppies and a momma, but it was all good. We are now 100% won over and will most likely never own any other breed! We're very happy with our pups - Life would not be the same without them! We'll post more pics soon.

Lisa & Tylor
lisa&tylor
Adolescent Bully

Next

Return to Introductions