Need Feedback your experience as a foster

A place to share rescue-related issues, vent, get advice, and debrief on the challenges of the work!

Re: Need Feedback your experience as a foster

Postby kornygerm » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:18 am

merriterrier wrote:Aww, she is a cutie! What are you going to call her?

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

Thank You.

I think for now, her name will Roxanne, Roxy for short. lol
kornygerm
Matured Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:55 pm

I was thinking she looks kind of houndy, like a lemon/white walker mix
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby kornygerm » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:08 pm

Amy Hendrickson wrote:I was thinking she looks kind of houndy, like a lemon/white walker mix

beats me, never head that breed before.The rescue she is gonna be listed soon doesn't manages breeds.more like mixes if there is a close resemblance, so just wanted to know.

Here is another picture.

I'm a newbie when it comes to crates as well and i seen some large enough for her in craiglist for a good price. So maybe when my financial aid check comes in i will invest in one, even most dog owners culture is that dogs should be outside. Training is also optional, but it would great if i could teach her some things.
kornygerm
Matured Bully

Postby Ilovethepits » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:16 am

Aww Roxy is so pretty! I'm glad that she has you to look out for her and take care of her too.

I think getting a crate would be good. That way you can teach her good crate behavior and then maybe whoever adopts her will be able to also keep her in the house instead of outside.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby kornygerm » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:21 pm

Ilovethepits wrote:Aww Roxy is so pretty! I'm glad that she has you to look out for her and take care of her too.

I think getting a crate would be good. That way you can teach her good crate behavior and then maybe whoever adopts her will be able to also keep her in the house instead of outside.

Thank you, she is very smart and obedient so far, i havent realized how spoil our dachshund is after she came in. roflmao
Whenever i open the front door, she waits for me to tell its ok to come in and when i tell her its time to go out, she doesnt give a hard time. Of course its just been three days, so maybe her true personality is left to be seen, but the dachshund doesnt even waits, he just rushes in lol.
kornygerm
Matured Bully

Postby kornygerm » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:40 pm

She is going to be fixed tomorrow, i hope it goes well. Usually the process with the rescue is that, one of the main in charge takes my info about her, then the shots and finally the surgery, but as my dad is getting on a humping mood, plus her original caretaker, says its ok if the surgery is fist as it makes her adoption process a little faster.
kornygerm
Matured Bully

Postby kornygerm » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:32 pm

Well so far, so good. I dont know if its normal, but its her second week with us and i haven' hear her bark lol.
she couldnt get fixed last saturday, but she will over the weekend.
kornygerm
Matured Bully

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:52 am

Glad to hear that Roxy is fitting in good. My parents had a dog once that didn't bark for like a whole year but then he found his bark. :)
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:36 pm

Here's a terrible face shot of a lemon walker. It's a Treeing Walker Coonhound and the color is lemon and white (which is basically a light tan to brown instead of the traditional black saddle)

Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby kornygerm » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:37 pm

Thanks for the pictures, i can see the reemblence a bit lol.

Anyhow, i think i'm about to foster fail...My family has become attached to Roxy, and i been told by them if there is a way we could keep her..well sure there is..but i would like that opportunity for someone else. Even thought she could be waiting weeks and months for an adoptable home, but i also feel they think their future home will not give the same care/love we give to Roxy...and plus our dog has become attached to her, so that could be bad for him, but i guess we will see.. I still have it on the back burner..As i have not receive any emails if someone has been interested to adopt her.
kornygerm
Matured Bully

Postby Ilovethepits » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:48 am

Well if you are a foster fail then Roxy definitely is a foster WINNER! :)
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Previous

Return to Rescuing the Rescuers