URGENT! Maizie Am Bull/OEB?

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

URGENT! Maizie Am Bull/OEB?

Postby merriterrier » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:21 pm

Maizie has been at our shelter for a few months. She came in with her titties dragging (her pups must have been 3-4 wks from the look of her) and despite our extensive advertising no one came for her! :po: Maizie is a delightful girl. I would call her a moderate energy dog with exercise. Maizie is a super squishy love muffin. She has never met a person she doesn't love. Oh, and kids are the best! She is very gentle with kids (and all people). Maizie is good with dogs large and small. I'm not sure about cats; she is interested, but hasn't tried to eat any. Maizie is housebroken and crate trained.

Maize needs out of the shelter ASAP. She can jump a 6' fence if left alone unsupervised. Hey- in her defense she just really would rather hang out with her people. She is not safe in our crappy kennels (we are a very poor rural shelter, suffering the recession). Maizie jumped out of the kennel the other night, impaled her foot and hung there for hours until staff discovered her the next morning (thank god she had not hung herself by her collar). She had chewed up her tounge and cheeks attempting to free herself from the fence and her foot has considerable soft tissue damage. She should heal up fine, with no lasting issues. However, the shelter is now at a loss. We cannot safely confine her, or if she is safe (inside in a kennel bank) she is unable to go all night (14hrs) or relieve herself without having to lay in it. She is in the quarantine room for the time being, but that cannot be her kennel. Although the staff pooled their own $$ together to treat her, we are now faced with the possibility of having to euthanize her.

We are looking for a home, foster, or rescue to take her. She is UTD and will be spayed before she goes anywhere.

Thank you!
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Re: URGENT! Maizie Am Bull/OEB?

Postby dogs4jen » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:41 am

Sending her good thoughts, she sounds like such a great dog.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby leila.quinn.82 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:46 pm

Where is she located?
leila.quinn.82
Newborn Bully

Postby merriterrier » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:02 pm

Mazie is in southern Colorado.

She really is a sweet dog. She lives for affection. She has been working with a trainer (prior to her injury) and is learning her basics.

I would bring her here to foster, but she is a female, and Nora is not accepting anymore adult females ATM.
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby leila.quinn.82 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:20 am

she sounds like a great dog. My husband has had OEBs in the past and we would be interested in maybe fostering/ fostering to adopt IF she were to like our dog friendly but very pushy male pit bull. Unfortunately we are in Pennsylvania (about an hour from both philly and nyc) and i doubt that would be doable. I really hope something works out for her. if there is any chance that kind of transport would be possible, please let me know :inlove:
leila.quinn.82
Newborn Bully

Postby merriterrier » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:28 am

I have shipped dogs to PA before. However, I'm not sure about the temps this time of year. Arranging legs of transport has been difficult in the past as I am very remote in the Rocky Mountains.

She tends to be good with 95% of dogs, she was previously housed with 2-10mo Pit Bull/St Bernards siblings (SF and NM) who were off the wall. There have only been 2 dogs at the shelter that she has not liked and they were both dominant/bitchy females who attacked her.
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby leila.quinn.82 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:54 am

I'm sure teperatures would be an issue, especially with a squishier faced dog. Keep me posted. My husband and I own a hair salon and unfortunately can't really take any time off at the moment to go any where further than a day's drive or so. I can't stand the idea of her being put down because she can climb fences. For what it's worth, we actually don't have a yard, and as a result are used to providing TONS of leashed exercise daily to a high energy dog (a bit higher than we wanted to be honest, but i'm glad we ended up with him as i think he might have been bounced around other wise, he's sweet as can be, but A LOT of dog)
leila.quinn.82
Newborn Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs