Data Management Software

A place to share rescue-related issues, vent, get advice, and debrief on the challenges of the work!

Data Management Software

Postby love_gingers » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:18 pm

The rescue I volunteer with is looking into getting some kind of data management program. It has to be internet based, and compatible with both PCs and Macs. We're not looking to spend a fortune here, as we're not a huge operation, we just need a reliable way to manage data.

I have experience with Petpoint from working at a shelter before, but it doesn't work on any browser/operating system aside from Internet Explorer on a PC (uh, we're no longer in the 90's...). I found http://www.rescuegroups.org/, does anyone have experience with them? Or have any other recommendations?
love_gingers
Newborn Bully

Re: Data Management Software

Postby buckaroo » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:17 am

We had local college students design us a custom data management program for a class project. They did a really good job and now we have a IT guy maintain it for us. It's web based and works really well. Maybe try something like that.
buckaroo
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: Data Management Software

Postby Amie » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:06 am

I used PetPoint at my last shelter, and Shelter Buddy at this one. Shelter Buddy is based in Australia, which means issues can be slow to be resolved (because communication takes longer because of timing) but it's pretty user friendly. I find it's information and data print outs easier to read and track than PetPoint, personally, but that's likely just preference.
Amie
Regulator

Return to Rescuing the Rescuers