Paying it forward.

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Paying it forward.

Postby Boss*sMom » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Most of you know our story with how we obtained Boss from a BYB. Ignorance is just that... And I feel that it is time that I pay it forward for my dog, and all of the other bullys out there. I have created the facebook group Mississippi Bully Rescue and I will be posting the bullys that need homes in my area there. I hope that it will pick up and gather more interest. Until then any advice you all have would be helpful.

I am also going to visit and volunteer at my hometown shelter Tuesday. They are very bully friendly and do not turn away bullys like so many other shelters here do.
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Re: Paying it forward.

Postby Cherry » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:51 pm

I lived in Biloxi for 3 years (husband was stationed at Keesler) You in that area? I love that shelter, they are amazing and super pit bull friendly. Cherry won the Halloween costume contest last year hehe.
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Paying it forward.

Postby Boss*sMom » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:10 pm

Were a bit farther north :) Our closest shelter is Southern Pines Animal Shelter... And while not absolutely against pits, they dont adopt out many bully breeds or mixes. I have set up an appointment to go visit and meet some of the current bully mixes. They only have a couple of volunteers who will work with the bullys.

Tomorrow I am going to visit a shelter local to my hometown, they have a few pits right now :)
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs