Hey from MO

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Kaos Crew
Newborn Bully

Hey from MO

Postby Kaos Crew » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:04 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Brittney I am 26 and married. My husband doesn't really like dogs. Pits are the only breed he will let me keep (not that he really has a choice). I brought home one that my dad had rescued when I was thirteen and no longer had time for. My husband Jeff fell in love.

We had to put Ruben down last fall but now we have two more Emma who is almost three and six month old Bran who we just got a month ago. Both are rescues. Emma just survived a rather bad brush with tetanus last month. It was bad timing because we didn't' notice she was sick until the day we got Bran. But now everyone is fine and we have the time to start working with all of Bran's issues lol. I love rescues because each one is different.

Hope to see you all around the forums.

Curly_07

Re: Hey from MO

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Welcome! Hope you like it here...read around the forum and soak up as much as you can :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

spammie

Postby spammie » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:36 pm

Hello fellow Missourian :hi I'm in Rolla.
Can you tell us a bit more about you and your dogs? Here's a sample intro for ideas
index.php

Kaos Crew
Newborn Bully

Postby Kaos Crew » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:41 pm

Sorry I was falling asleep when I started this.

Ruben the original pit that my dad brought home had been left in a travel trailer with a bag of food and then his owner simple never came back. One of the neighbors noticed and let him out about the time all the food was gone. My dad was re-roofing another house in the neighborhood and noticed the dog going after a cat. After seeing the shape the dog was in he started bringing him lunch and asking questions because it was obvious his owner hadn't been home for a while. When the job was done dad went back opened his car door and told the dog to come on. Ruben made it about half way turned around to get his nylon bone and then got in the car. Ruben was in bad shape but we fixed him up. He never would eat all of his food no matter how much or how little we gave him, he always saved some for tomorrow. I had him put down because he had lymph node cancer.

Emma came from the shelter when she was about ten weeks old. She looked like a bobble head and you could have laid a pencil between her vertebra. She's our baby. So far we have combated dermamites (really don't know how to spell it) and just managed to pull her through tetanus.

Bran came from a breeder, and may or may not be considered a rescue. But when I have to rehabilitate a dog to stand up and not hit the deck when someone tries to touch him it might as well be a rescue in my opinion. We have had him for about a month and half now and he doesn't cringe quite as much, his head now stays in air instead of constantly touching the floor and he will stand in the middle of the room instead of being under a table or whatever else he can squeeze under. Now if we could just get his tail to stay up! I think the breeder (#@$%) got over whelmed and didn't have time for this last litter so they stayed in crates for six months because he couldn't sell them. Bran has no muscle mass and constantly trips over his own feet. He will be neutered.

Phew well I am off to work now hope this helps sum up my crew.

spammie

Postby spammie » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:14 pm

Any pup that is bought from a byb is not a rescue imo, but is sure sounds like the pup needed you.
Where in Mo are you located...I'm not a stalker,just curious

Kaos Crew
Newborn Bully

Postby Kaos Crew » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:51 pm

Bran

Emma

spammie

Postby spammie » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:05 am

:modwelcomeonly2:

Return to “Introductions”