**URGENT** Request!! Boxer/Pitbull mix needs a home now!!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

**URGENT** Request!! Boxer/Pitbull mix needs a home now!!

Postby Boss*sMom » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:10 pm

Hello!!! My name is Whitey!!! I am a Boxer/bully mix and I really need a new home!! See that big smile? Totally matches my personality!! Dont let me fool you, I am pretty rambunctious in the kennel, but once you get me outside from all of this hyper energy I am calm and collected!! I walk really well on a leash when I get to go out!! Everyone at the shelter loves me, but they want me to get a family. I love to cuddle, hug, and give big boy kisses!! I am almost a year old, and yes I am a boy!

Good with kids, walks on a leash, this boys time is up and he REALLY needs to go to a new home ASAP. I got to meet him myself, if you have any any ANY questions about this boy please feel free to PM me. I really need to see him adopted very very soon

He is available for adoption at Lawrence County Animal Rescue League for 35$. (Monticello, MS)

Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Re: **URGENT** Request!! Boxer/Pitbull mix needs a home now!

Postby Boss*sMom » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:32 pm

I really dont know what else to do. I have 4 dogs right now and no fenced in yard, no extra kennels, and with boss's vet bills we really can not afford another dog right now. But I really do not want to see this amazing pet get put down. People keep overlooking him because he is a bully.
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:11 pm

Do you have a FB link? I could share that.

This rescue might be able to help: http://hogpr.wordpress.com/

Here is Pit Bull Rescue Centrals list of Mississippi rescues:

http://pbrc.net/webapp/cgi-bin/orgs_by_ ... 4da1dce9#M

He's a handsome fellow.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Boss*sMom » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:15 pm

You can like http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mississip ... 3319292163

I started the page as networking to find bully dogs homes. We just started and dont have any foster homes or a shelter or anything, its mainly just networking. I have pictures and profile info about Whitey on the page.
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:29 pm

Liked and Shared.

Hey you try this gal yet: http://luckydogrescueblog.blogspot.com/
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Boss*sMom » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:32 pm

Yes, shared, emailed, posted to Lucy Dog...

I feel like a 5 year old sitting in a board meeting at a huge bank.

People keep asking me about 501(c) something, I have no idea what to do. We dont have a facility or anything. I am just trying to get the word out, internet networking and connecting. I feel so overwhelmed I dont know what to do.

Could I be in any legal trouble for doing this? All I am doing is trying to get these dogs adopted or find foster homes or rescues to take them. Then again I named the page a rescue?!

Overwhelmed, I dont know what to do.I just want to find this boy a home.
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:39 pm

A 501C is a non-profit designation. I'm sure FB has a lot of scammers saying they are rescues and setting up ChipIns for dogs that maybe don't exist, etc.

I would tell anyone who asks that you are just trying to "network" him at this time, that you are not a behaviorist and they will have to get any more information about him from the shelter.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Boss*sMom » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:43 pm

I see now I had the page listed under non profit, I have changed that to community.

I got a call about him from craigslist. The man will be talking it over with his fiance. I am no behaviorist, but the volunteers at the shelter were calling him a pitbull?

However they call anything with a block head a pitbull, and anything else a lab mix :o

I did give them some links to sites about the different bully breeds, I just want to help. I hope this boy finds a home.
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:01 pm

Does this shelter have an adoption policy in place? A good adoption application? Home checks? Will the dog be neutered before released?

Maybe you could search here on PBF or start a thread about "placing" dogs. There are quite a few people here that foster and place dogs themselves. That is a LOT different than networking dogs. It is a huge responsibility as you don't want the dog to end up in a worse place than the shelter (which is possible).

I myself have never placed a dog and wouldn't even know where to start. I hope you can find someone to help you in that regard.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Boss*sMom » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:07 pm

No, they are a small county ran kill shelter. No application and anyone can adopt a pet. I know that sucks...

The person I talked too has a boxer, a fenced in yard, and the time and money to care for another dog. They just want to meet him first which takes time, and that is something not on our side.

This shelter does not foster, if they do it is a rare situation. They do not fix pets before adoption, they cant afford to. The pets are adopted out and it is the owners responsibility to make the appointment for the spay/neuter. If it is not done within a week the shelter takes the dog back.

I know this is chocolate, please know that I am not an employee of this shelter. Just trying to help get the bullies out of there and into good homes.
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:21 pm

Well that is chocolate.
Just do the best you can. Remember "saving dogs, one at a time".
The guy you talked to sounds good if he's telling the truth and hopefully they can meet this dog in time.
I'm sorry it is such a sucky situation.

I did like the shelter and share on FB just to get the info out. Problem is I don't have many friends but maybe another crossposter will cross and another, ya never know.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Boss*sMom » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Thank you so much. Your right you never know. Crossposting is how I wound up with Tinkerbell the min pin. Her owners were going to put her down.
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Boss*sMom » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:50 pm

ADOPTED!!!!!!!!!!!
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:55 pm

:yipee: :yipee: :clap
Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilovetyson » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:23 am

YAY! Awesome news! :)
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs