Meatball....yes Meatball SW Michigan

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: Meatball....yes Meatball SW Michigan

Postby Ilovethepits » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:49 pm

Fingers, toes & paws crossed.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:17 pm

it was a no.. roomate didnt want to meet nor have a "Pit bull" in the house.
so ... walrus posing as a pit bull.... Still Available. :crybaby:
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:18 am

luvnstuff wrote:it was a no.. roomate didnt want to meet nor have a "Pit bull" in the house.
so ... walrus posing as a pit bull.... Still Available. :crybaby:

Boo. Hiss.

:pray for your furever home Meatball. You SO deserve it.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby lilangel » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:15 pm

Meatball looks like an awesome little dog. I'm surprised there is no interest for him. :(
lilangel
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby SnowKoi2010 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:04 pm

I absolutely adore Meatball. I wish I had the place and money to come up there and get him myself. I would. He seems like such a great dog!

D: I hope he finds his forever home soon.
SnowKoi2010
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby luvnstuff » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:57 pm

Meatball continues to show me the dog he use to be, funny, calm in big enviroments/noisy/busy around dogs he seems to calm the busy and love the loveable. Dog aggressive...ah.. nope. Could he still become nervous around big bold pushy yappy dogs, sure , maybe. But now that he is able to get out more..he has been to a few places and proved he is the lil bomb proof dog he always was.
Horse, motorcycles, groups of strangers, dogs, kids, busy, ..whatever.. HAPPY DOG. happy happy !
Good to see !
He is still recovering so he can not "play" so to speak with other dogs without some restraint (no jumping on them or running yet) . But he is definatly on the mend.
Latest dr visit said its TIME to build some muscles back up around the lame leg.. !
new pictures of an event today are in the gallery.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=148203
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby 2fatcatsandapitbull » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:01 am

Bump for Meatball, he is a great dog still looking for a forever home with a responsible owner.
2fatcatsandapitbull
Adolescent Bully

Postby luvnstuff » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Yup, Meatball is still here. Sad as ever he doenst have a home of his own. He was adopted for three whole days to some folks who listened to not one word and introduced their dogs on day one, it was day 2 or 3 that the dogs got into an argument.. ok..reality.. their dog seemingly attacked Meatball, who by their acct was the aggressor, funny thing is it was also said to another that "he didnt even fight back" and by looking at what the lab did to Meatball.. I would have to say that would be true. It wasnt a very proud moment in my life, giving these folks more benefit than they deserved.. ok they lied..and I believed them. They had no plans of doing a slow introduction, after two meetings, print outs, talks and 100 % access to me as they went on a MONTH TRIAL period to give all time. SIGH.
Meatball is healing still, well he is going to have scars that probably wont ever heal on his face. Ok this dogs butt has been kicked by a lab and a german shepard mix now. what the heck.
So I have tagged him as no other dogs in the home, no exceptions, period. REally no fault of his , he still seems to want to play and interact with every dog he sees. But I have just had enough of people expecting too much maybe from multiple dog homes ? I still havent seen dog aggression for this dog. wierd, sad..
His tendon surgery has worried me , but the last visit the vet said it all felt fine, and i swear soon after that it just seemed to "pop into place"- actully I think the band internally just finally stretched enough and MEatball started running and jumping (argh..l o l ) again like he has no memory of pain! well ., I'll be.

So. yup hes still here... still so sweet and GOOD and honestly one of the best dogs I have worked with. Still needing that forever home. A single dog home for a black cropped ear'ed now scarred (twice) pit bull.. can we say the mark of death in adoptive write ups? But silly sweet and oh so freaking good..send karma, it kills me seeing his sad face hung when its time to go back to his own room, even his own room isnt enough for this very human oriented dog . :0 (
I do like to adopt pit bulls out in my state Michigan. its just easier when and if the floor drops out from him again...

Meatballs page at petfinder
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/20037042

http://www.poundbuddies.org is our rescue sites web page now

He can be found too at Virgils facebook page under the name Virgil ThePitbull

video link of early summer (Was hoping this was the last one from us at least)
[youtube]http://youtu.be/jUtRZKMM0fY [/youtube]

Please help spread the word, also I feel he would be a GREAT companion for a soldier back home needing a companion..
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:13 pm

I will SHARE Virgil and keep him in my thoughts & prayers for a deserving forever home.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:58 pm

thanks.. hes so sweet..and SO sad needing his own humans
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:34 pm

Why is this dog constantly ending up with the wrong people/families? Who is doing the screening? It is hard to make sure that someone is as serious about a dog as we would like, and we cannot control everything but...3 days this time and the dog got jumped by two dogs belonging to different families already? Poor lil guy.
Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby dogs4jen » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 pm

i know Lifeline for Pound Buddies and Stacie do their best to screen people. I fostered for them too (Austin my foster failure) and several of the applicants I got thought they knew everything already and wouldn't listen about the two week shutdown, so maybe it's a common problem.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby Megan » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:03 pm

I love this dog so much! Each time I see him re listed I wish we were in the position to add another dog. I hope he finds that perfect home, he deserves it! Not to mention hubby loves both all black and black and whites!
Megan
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:46 pm

Was the lab a female or did they accidently place him with a male dog?

Good Luck to Meatball
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby luvnstuff » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:34 pm

Red wrote:Why is this dog constantly ending up with the wrong people/families? Who is doing the screening? It is hard to make sure that someone is as serious about a dog as we would like, and we cannot control everything but...3 days this time and the dog got jumped by two dogs belonging to different families already? Poor lil guy.

Constantly? "ending up with the wrong people/families"? - ok to answer that.
Meatball was adopted into his first home after being a chained pit bull in a junk yard.... he was evaulated by me ..thought he would be nuts..pts was my first thought..as pound buddies was hosting him for a home, that home was convinced (not screened by me, I was just there to see if the dog was freakin rabid), convinced he had mange-meatball has dandruff never has mange post testing even (she was a vet tech) was returned to the pound post a few days...this was YEARS AGO, and where I took him in as a foster as he was a really solid dog.
I personally built this dog from ground up, dubed as one of the most bomb proof dogs I have ever encountered. Took a bit to find a home as most black cropped earred pit bulls do, he was adopted to a couple who had a dog in 2006 - month trial period, lots of training, had some issues due to 2 high energy dogs, but they loved that, biking , hiking, playing, training, went to my own trainer for a boot camp to keep dogs in check and to train their brains, I met them a few times a few hours away to check on their classes...all was well. Got lots of emails about silly stories, fun, etc....etc..etc.
January 2011 got a call that the the dogs got into an argument (gsd mix and meatball.) "come pick dog up" it was a Friday night I was flipping shocked... what the heck? talk about out of the blue...
Insert they had a baby. Over the last year the dogs were shoved aside, no excercise (obviously by the bloated mess that came returned to me), no biking, hiking, sports.. just shoved aside during pregnancy and new baby time.
Meatball got his ass handed to him in a basket , as the dogs got into an argument..they delivered him to me the next day post the phone call....
A bloated , limping, scaby mess..
SO I failed him? really...hmmmmmm... doubt it. We can not predict the future, I really liked these people,, even met them socially a few times. (they live about 2 hrs away). heartbreaking .. very.
...now post surgery of acl, fix of severe skin problems (just took new food and some supplements that dandruff and obesity turned into open sores! ) fix the now completely torn acl .....
I have no room for him... none..but dont want this medical mishap sitting in the pound. he needed HELP, sent SOS after SOS after SOS for a foster for him.. not ONE FREAKING RESPONSE.. sent out I am at max..dog needs help..medicals paid.. SOS SOS.. NOT ONE.
I have 4 pit bulls here. tooo many. But dont want Meatball sitting in the dog pound (that is where my dogs come from not some fruity wonderful no kill shelter.. something for him to stay there dies., or he does. the volunteers are great but with an entire poundshelter full time is only a fleeting few moments for pound dogs).
Soo.. fast forward this summer..
A friend of a bully friend sends a message that a really nice couple want to adopt him, have a very old lab and a lab mix (both females..) with high reccomendations, vet checks, personal referances checked, vet checks, and a meet and greet to talk about two week acclaimation period, getting to know you time a WHOLE month of trial period, not to rush the dogs, etc etc etc..print outs, meeting, q and a session. phone, emails... driving to meet them again.. we go thru the adoption trial period. blah blah blah...
Post this they decide they want to try to adopt doggy.. start trial period.. drive to mee them.. go over the 2 week AGAIN with print outs...
They go home, open the door on the car and have a "three way butt sniffing orgy" I see this on FACEBOOK of all places, on the phone they are lying their ass off. its Thursday night.. by Friday I contact them tell them to slow down.. go over a few things, email them, facebook them a message ..and Saturday plan on really getting a hold of them, as they posted on FACEBOOK at like 1 in the morning on Friday that dogs are "playing" NO THEY ARENT I WILL CALL YOU IN MORNING. before I am out of bed, the old lab mix and meatball had an argument. their dog bit two of them, meatball according to friend of these people "didnt even fight back" but got his arse kicked again.
THEY LIED THEIR ASSES OFF ...even post the fight they lied to me...
SO I failed him.. yea... I did give these people a bit of doubt. probably for they were talked so greatly about thru their references and the person who met them, and yah they lied thier faces off to me , obviously they were never going to slow introduce anything to even SEE if the dogs got along. They wanted to do it their way no matter what ...

Sad.. Mad.. Enraged.. you betcha.. shoot did I loose some dog friends over this, you bet ya. But in all the years I have been doing this, I have to say this isnt the majority of the situations, shoot only Coppertop (who we all knew including the people who wanted her sad butt) knew that was risky..and she died for her inability to overcome her abusive life.

Its crazy that such a bomb proof dog has went thru this. Yea..he is tagged now as NO OTHER DOGS, even tho he really loves to play and romp and be with other dogs...with no exceptions to that... no matter how great the people are..or the other dog...but maybe peole expect too much out of a cropped earred black pit bull who is nothing but sweet fun and bidable and will do anything for his humans. But he still needs a human a good understanding human who wont set him up for failure again . And now that job still lies in my lap to find that home.
To say I dont understand how this happens is true, here he plays with male pit bulls and cats and female pit bulls. and can even ride in the car (tehtered ) with my dog aggressive dog who DOES NOT TRIGGER AT MEATBALL AT ALL.. (which is wierd as heck..but I have always said meatball very much has a SEVERE CALMING EFFECT ON DOGS ! which he does.. makes you wonder even more ?!)

I wish I had a crystal ball that could look years ahead or into the truths of peoples words. I wish I could find him a home
he deserves.. more than you know.

recent pics of our boy
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs