Alice

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Alice

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:58 am

I thought Alice deserved her own post here. :tongue: I'll post updates and stuff here, since new peppy things about her personality pop up everyday.

Alice is a 2 year old American Pit Bull Terrier, female. She is a active girl who loves people, and her flirt pole.
She is very confident when it comes to new things, and curious as well she almost always investigates.
So far she has learned:
Sit
Lay
Stay
Wait
Off
Leave it
Touch
and her name.

She also took to leash walking training very well and walks like a dream most of the time. Sometimes at the beginning of walks she'll get excited and pull slightly. But with consistent stopping when she pulls, she will stop quickly. She is kind of eh about the water, she waded but didn't want to go in farther than her belly and wanted out a few moments after she got in.
She got minizoomies after getting out of the water and pulled a bit, but stopped after continuing to stop when she pulled.

She loooves her flirt pole, and has a stubborn out, which we're working on and she is getting better and better. She enjoys tug, and gets the zoomies sometimes. She is doing pretty well with biking, not scared of the bike at all.

So far only one thing scared her, an old car revving its engine.

I'd love to place her in a sporting home, but an active pet home would be fine too. She is clicker savvy. She is also dog reactive, I am working with her but she needs a home who can understand it and is willing to put the time in to work with her.

Alice also loves to work, whenever I give her a break while training she will sit and stare waiting to be given something to do. She'll offer behaviors as well.
Being an example of a Pit Bull for a group of camp kids:

First day at home:
After a week:
Two Weeks:
Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Re: Alice

Postby merriterrier » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:17 am

Good Luck Alice!

She sounds like a dream dog!
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:47 am

Did I mention she's a great 50 compact pounds, easy for lifting when being charged by out of control dogs? lol
Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:33 am

:inlove: So pretty!

Love those ears!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:12 pm

Since we have her loose leash walking down very well we started biking. The first bike ride wasn't that great, she didn't want to go faster than a slow trot. So we worked more on the flirt pole each day.
Tried again, she was much better, she was going up in front of the bike a few times so I put the leash in my hand. She's quite sensitive to pressure so just applying light pressure when she went too far ahead had her slow down.

We went again tonight, she was much better, she stays at a nice pace next to you and even turns nicely.

And she does this thing that makes it hard to work with her sometimes because it cracks me up. I do "zen" with my dogs, holding my hand out in a fist with treats and they get clicked every time they move away. Whether it's their head or their body. I've done this with countless dogs because we do it with the mouthy dogs at the shelter and it helps teach them that their actions can get them rewarded. None of the dogs I've worked with have done this. She moves her head away like a look away, it's the cutest thing, she stares away from it, at the wall or something while. She would almost look disgusted if she didn't have that "Am I doing it right?" look on her face.

I have to get a video sometime.

I'm going to get her a new collar, she has lost weight since being here and the collar no longer fits just right. Since I love the collar I got from Collarmania for Dakota I'm going to get her one too.
Right now this one is my favorite.

I also want to look into getting her one of these if we go to events in the future.
Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:50 am

Bump for Alice :)
Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilovetyson » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:33 pm

aww your doing fab with her :)
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Cherry » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:42 pm

Oh my, she is absolutely stunning. Wow. And I love her name, Alice is my favorite Cullen. ;)

She is soooo pretty and sounds like so much fun!
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:15 pm

Thanks guys! She is a very sweet girl, the only thing making her hard to place is her DR. My friend loves her because of Alice Cullen. Alice was named after the Resident Evil character. I wanted to name a more athletic sounding, less feminine female name. And Alice popped up. Since Alice is not what one would call "Feminine" she's more of a Crashing-into-everything-bulldozer-not-afraid-to-get-dirty dog. :tongue: I can't count the amount of times she's cut across and hit me dead on while we were playing with the flirt pole.
http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uplo ... /alice.jpg
Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Cherry » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:16 am

I keep coming in here to look at her pictures, she is so breathtaking! I really love this girl! If I had a house and a way to get her to me....I would be hard pressed to find reasons not to take her!!
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby merriterrier » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:15 am

Celesteandthebullies wrote: she's more of a Crashing-into-everything-bulldozer-not-afraid-to-get-dirty dog. :tongue: I can't count the amount of times she's cut across and hit me dead on while we were playing with the flirt pole.
http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uplo ... /alice.jpg

roflmao

I was worried for your grandma in the first pics of her playing w/ the flirtpole. I never wear shorts since I have a couple of insane bulldozers too. lol

:inlove: Alice!
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:41 am

She did run into my grandmother once actually, but she said her knee felt better then ever before afterward. lol
Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:28 am

Little update on her dog-dog issues.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=149768
Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:05 pm

Sooooo this may end up being a foster failure.
Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby AbbyGirl352 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:44 pm

:thumbsup:
AbbyGirl352
Super Bully

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs