Sweet Steel Magnolia - still looking

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: Sweet Steel Magnolia - still looking

Postby dogs4jen » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:35 am

:hug: to Maggie, and you.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby ilovetyson » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:43 am

With Jade and her yeasty feet issue, someone actually told me to put her on probiotics, Clean her feet with Selsun blue for 2 weeks (daily) and get her on a High protein low carb diet. And that seemed to make the yeasty issue MUCH less. Hope this pretty girl gets everything in order!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:34 pm

ilovetyson wrote:With Jade and her yeasty feet issue, someone actually told me to put her on probiotics, Clean her feet with Selsun blue for 2 weeks (daily) and get her on a High protein low carb diet. And that seemed to make the yeasty issue MUCH less. Hope this pretty girl gets everything in order!

Sadly, been there, done that and it's simply not enough. She's off all carbs - not even a single doggie biscuit, selsun or ketaconazol baths, probiotics and tea tree oil and spray & clean between her toes as needed. She's manageable as is but it is still constant monitoring and she has a odor. She's got big yeast issues. The only thing we haven't done is a little garlic in her food. Yogurt gives her the runs.

I will not put her on antibiotics and steroids, this needs to be fixed from the inside out but I am not sure we are going to be able to get there.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby ilovetyson » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:28 am

awww Poor Baby! :( I guess I am lucky that Jade's Yeast isn't.. "That" bad.. Give her some love for me! Stinky and all, I still adore her!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs