sad saps in ontario

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Postby JustALovePuppy » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:29 am

Welcome, I too have cried placing my muzzles on both my dogs. Its not an easy process to do. I have not one but two dogs ones, registered to the city as an Aussieland cattle dog but i bet would be placed as a pit bull, they all are. And my little girl is a pure bred am staff.. But its just something we have to do. In 20 years we'll have no dogs and everyone will own a cat if they keep banning things.
JustALovePuppy

Postby Pitt-terra » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:14 pm

:welcome:
Pitt-terra

Muzzling our babies

Postby lovemyvino » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:28 pm

Hey Skamp..where in Ontario are you? If you are in and around the GTA then I suppose it will be hard not to have to follow the law. I am down in the Fort Erie area ina very small town so I am hoping and praying I can get away without. I just can't bear to do it. It makes our dogs so vulnerable. What is Scout, my Staff, supposed to do when the huge, scary GS comes charging at him and he can't defend himself? There are a fair amount of pitties in this area and I haven't seen any with muzzles on BUT I have been seeing them with Gentle Leaders. Interesting. Have used one on Scout when he was younger and was a puller. He just HATED it. Such a load of crap, this whole thing is. Let me know how it goes if you do get the muzzle.

DeeDee
lovemyvino

Postby Rumpley » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:45 pm

Try a Gentle Leader or Halti - most non-dog people think those are muzzles anyways and wouldn't know the difference (and they're wayyyy more comfortable for the dogs too)

Together in pitties - keep the faith over there. Hopefully the DLCC will kick some legal butt :peace:
Rumpley
Bully Ambassador

Postby satanscheerleader » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:51 pm

I always get asked if my Halti is a muzzle.
satanscheerleader
Addicted to PBF

Postby Skamp » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:04 am

thanx to everyone, i'm going to buy him a halty and see if i can get away with that. i remember years ago my mom stopped using it on her border collie because people thought it was a muzzle. i've also decided that since i have untill august before the law actually comes into effect i'm going to hold out on making him wear it as long as possible, i should be out of this breedist province for school by then any how. thanx again.
Skamp

Postby Loca » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:48 pm

I'm depressed about this too! Hopefully, we'll be able to have this reversed in the courts....oh and :welcome:
Loca
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Introductions