Names I'd like to never hear again*

A place to share rescue-related issues, vent, get advice, and debrief on the challenges of the work!

Re: Names I'd like to never hear again*

Postby luvnstuff » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:17 pm

CHANCE.. if I see or hear of one more half dead dog being called CHANCE I swear I am going to shoot it..ok not really........but REALLY? (we recently have a volunteer that took in a huge st bernard an idiot left AGAIN in an abandoned house..and you know it .. CHANCE).
Lucky there is nothing lucky about being dumped and found and stuffed into a shelter..
Buster.Buddy, Bella, yup yup yup.
and all time every time I hear it, already mentioned but, is PRECIOUS. and why are precious's always the most abused in my world?
Sadly Scooter (who came with her name ) seems to be another.Scooter Puter, Scooter Bean ,Scooter Pie.. Scooter..argh.........
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby Brianna&Bubba. » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:47 pm

My local shelter would win if there was a contest of most stupid names givin to dogs. One time a queensland mix was named Martini. I crossed it out on her paper because it was so horrible and I think someone else named her appropriately.

Yes, my dogs name is Buddy, but his name was chosen before we ever met him. His shelter name was King.. Hate that name. Its stupid because they thought a tough name was fit for a tough little 8 week old sick looking puppy.. Anyway. My boyfriend once found a pitbull puppy as a 8 year old kid. He loved that dog so much and named it Buddy, because he was such a good loyal friend from the very start, always following him around. His mom wouldnt let him keep it because it was a Pitbull and it was taken to a no kill shelter in Fresno, Ca. I believe. He was really sad, if not heartbroken, and he hasnt had a dog of his own since his dog Granite died when he was six. So when we found "King" Bf said his name was going to be Buddy, and I knew the story behind it right away. Even though thats his name on paper, he is almost never called it, we always call him Bubba.
Brianna&Bubba.
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Mooresmajestic » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:13 am

Bella! We have at least one a day in at the s/n clinic. There was even a day there were 3 cats and 2 dogs named Bella. I mean come on!!
Angel (or Angle depending on if the owners can spell their dogs name). Every Angel I have met has been a biter.
Chihuahuas named Chico or Paco.
Yellow labs named Marley.
Maggie, Macey, Lucy, Tiger, Tigger, Cuddles, Prince/ss, Kane, Buddy, Baby, Sugar, Molly, Coco, Blu, Red, Spot, Max, King, Kitty, Honey, Nala.
Or my personal favorite names ever (yup, these are real) Meatwad (dog), Stupid (cat and a dog), and The cat formerly known as the flying booger kitty.
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Amie » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:14 am

We had someone applying for a pet at my last shelter who, in the section to list past pets, listed the cat named "Little F**ker". Spelled out clearly, of course.
Amie
Regulator

Postby heartbullies » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:23 am

Heh. That's just a nickname in this household.

I could live without the neverending tide of Bella, Coco, Murphy, Brandy, Stella, etc.

Would be excited for no more pit bulls named Yayo, White Girl, Hyphy, Diamond, Indica, Ruger, Dro, or King.

Sent from my ATRIX using Tapatalk
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby afrikaPB » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:04 pm

Mooresmajestic wrote:Chihuahuas named Chico or Paco.

:pray please god no more Chica's and/or Chiquito's :pray
afrikaPB
Matured Bully

Postby PitBull-Lady » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:42 pm

heartbullies wrote: Yayo, White Girl, Hyphy, Diamond, Indica, Ruger, Dro

Is this is a Cal thing??
I have never heard most of them. Diamond and Ruger sure, but they are very rare in my world :)
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Names I'd like to never hear again*

Postby johnnyv412 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:05 pm

I can't believe Noone said "Sox" for a cat or a dog with white paws. I can't stand that name.
johnnyv412
Newborn Bully

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:28 pm

I've met so many Harley, and almost everyone was wearing Harley Davidson attire..
Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby abbybaby2011 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:56 pm

i had not really heard the name Abby much untill here recently. But my Abby is actually Abigail (My boyfriend named her after the forensic scientist on NCIS lol) But here are a few I hate hearing;
Buck, Jake, Izzy, Taco, Brutis, Kaycee, Holly, Bud, Sasha, Maddy
(sorry if i offended anyone)
abbybaby2011
Adolescent Bully

Postby Mooresmajestic » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:16 pm

PitBull-Lady wrote:
heartbullies wrote: Yayo, White Girl, Hyphy, Diamond, Indica, Ruger, Dro

Is this is a Cal thing??
I have never heard most of them. Diamond and Ruger sure, but they are very rare in my world :)

I think it's an inner-city thing being as those are drug references. We get a lot of those here, especially since we started doing vaccine clinics in some not so nice areas of Detroit with my work and got a grant to give Wayne County (one of the poorest counties in the state) residents free vaccines.
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Missy. That was Gioia's name when I got her.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby stha4 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:27 pm

beau or bo...my grandmother and my cousin both have a dog named bo. They live right across the street from each other. One is a standard pom and the other is a rottweiler.. ugh.
stha4
Newborn Bully

Postby rubyandstewiesmom » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:26 pm

Vain
That wad Ruby Sue's name when I got her. Some ghetto punk named her that then couldn't potty train her in a third floor apartment. she is the least vain dog there is. ugh
rubyandstewiesmom
Newborn Bully

Postby Zagari » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:08 am

Baby Girl
Moose
Buster

Those were the most used names at my shelter. I'm sure there are more but the shelter has been closed for over six months now so I've forgotten. :(
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

PreviousNext

Return to Rescuing the Rescuers