Urinalysis Results

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Urinalysis Results

Postby Boss*sMom » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:54 am

We go back to the vet tomorrow for Boss Mans Urinalysis Results. Since he started the antibiotic there have been NO accidents in the house or in his kennel, NONE and he has "wet the bed" in his kennel almost every night for weeks now...

Are there any questions I should note to ask tomorrow about the results and our visit? Since I'm having to pay for a visit I want to get as much out of it as I can lol.
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Re: Urinalysis Results

Postby Murfins » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:49 am

I always ask to for a copy of lab results.

Is he peeing in his kennel or actually peeing while sleeping (when you say "Wet the bed" it makes me think of peeing while sleeping). How long is he kennelled at night - that may just be a matter of you needing to let him out for a pee during the night, especially if he is a puppy or senior.
Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Boss*sMom » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:03 am

He pees in his sleep. He is crated 5-6 hours at night and wets himself almost every night, during the day he is crated (sometimes) for much much longer than that and never potties in his crate during the day... I cant really get up in the middle of the night to take him out, it takes alot for me to get to sleep and I have trouble sleeping 5-6 hours a night. If I wake up and cant go back to sleep I will take him out.
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:17 am

It's starting to sound like you should start looking into another home for Boss. If you can't do a simple thing like help him to go to the bathroom in an appropriate place because "it takes alot for me to get to sleep and I have trouble sleeping" or provide needed medical care to him (the coccidia medicine) because "Christmas is coming up" then you're not properly caring for your dog and that's unfair. I was flabbergasted reading that your dog won't be treated especially when I read online (I don't have any personal experience with this) that it is inexpensive to treat. You either really need to get your priorities in order and start seriously caring for the living being that is in your care, or own up and realize you're not being able to provide (at minimum) what is needed for this dog.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Boss*sMom » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:50 am

Wow... Obviously you read my other thread wrong. I gave up my christmas spending money to get Boss the medicine that he needs. He is in his crate from 12pm to 5am and he goes out to potty right before I put him up and right when I take him out. My dog is not going to a different home, he gets the best of care and the best of things with me. You really need to get a grip. My dogs ARE my first priority.

And my dog DID get treated for coccidia.Thank you, have a great day...
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:57 am

Yeah, I must have read this wrong:
Boss*sMom wrote:Boss has coccidia again. I don't know what else to say... I have enough medicine to make it to Monday when his next visit is, but right now with Christmas approaching our budget is tight :( I just hate him being sick all the time I feel like such a horrible mom. :'(

To which other people said the same thing-medicine should come first, and you never replied one way or the other, so it was easy to think you weren't giving him the medicine.

Boss*sMom wrote:He is in his crate from 12pm to 5am and he goes out to potty right before I put him up and right when I take him out.

12pm or 12am? 12pm to 5am is a really long time, I'm going to assume you made a typo here. Evidently he's not going out enough, if he's wetting himself during the night. It doesn't matter if he goes out every five hours or every hour...without something medically wrong with him, if this is what he needs, it's what he needs. Sorry if you might have to deal with some sleepless nights but you're a dog owner. Either he's sitting in piss through the night until you wake up in the morning to find it, or you're cleaning it in the middle of the night when it happens...and if that's the case wake yourself up sooner to prevent it.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Boss*sMom » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:04 am

Thank you for your input. Obviously we are trying to find out if it is a medical thing because we took him in to have the test done. And yes I made a typo on the time. I take very good care of my dogs. He is wetting himself during his sleep and I DID post that since he has been on the antibiotics he has not wet his bed. My dog has a home, no need to find him a new one.
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Boss*sMom » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:04 pm

:( No results for us today. Called to see if I needed to bring Boss in or not (it is storming today and he is scared of the weather). They do not have the test results in and told us to call back Wednesday.... *sigh* 35$ for shipping you would think that they would have them back by now!
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Murfins » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:24 pm

If he is actually peeing while he's asleep that is not a training issue but far more likely a medical issue. If he's peeing while awake in his crate during bedtime then that is a training issue and he needs to be let outside more often, even if that means every hour or two.

If Boss' stopped doing this while on antibiotics there is a fairly good chance he's had/has a URI - which the urinalysis will indicate.
Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby suzanne » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:53 pm

Boss*sMom wrote::( No results for us today. Called to see if I needed to bring Boss in or not (it is storming today and he is scared of the weather). They do not have the test results in and told us to call back Wednesday.... *sigh* 35$ for shipping you would think that they would have them back by now!

Wow, I think that's totally lame... do you know why they sent it out instead of running it in house? Seems like an awful lot of waiting just for UA results!
suzanne
Adolescent Bully

Postby Boss*sMom » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:14 pm

suzanne wrote:
Boss*sMom wrote::( No results for us today. Called to see if I needed to bring Boss in or not (it is storming today and he is scared of the weather). They do not have the test results in and told us to call back Wednesday.... *sigh* 35$ for shipping you would think that they would have them back by now!

Wow, I think that's totally lame... do you know why they sent it out instead of running it in house? Seems like an awful lot of waiting just for UA results!

I have no idea but I plan to ask tomorrow. I was told at the initial visit they would be sending it somewhere but I just thought that was standard procedure. I may call around tomorrow to see if other practices send them off as well. All I can guess is that the office doesn't have the means to run the test?
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:50 pm

I had Lady done a couple of weeks ago. It took 2-3 days for the first results to come back, and a week for the detailed results to come back. I was told by others that this is a normal wait time for urine cultures and such.
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Boss*sMom » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:52 pm

Curly_07 wrote:I had Lady done a couple of weeks ago. It took 2-3 days for the first results to come back, and a week for the detailed results to come back. I was told by others that this is a normal wait time for urine cultures and such.

Thanks Curly, this makes me feel more at ease. Boss man is acting much better now that he has been on the antibiotics.
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby suzanne » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:45 am

I thought she said she didn't go with a culture? Maybe I'm totally wrong here. If she ran a culture then I could understand because a culture does usually get sent to the lab, and it does usually take longer for results.

Boss*sMom wrote:
Curly_07 wrote:I had Lady done a couple of weeks ago. It took 2-3 days for the first results to come back, and a week for the detailed results to come back. I was told by others that this is a normal wait time for urine cultures and such.

Thanks Curly, this makes me feel more at ease. Boss man is acting much better now that he has been on the antibiotics.

Hopefully it continues to go well. We have a client that knowingly purchased a poor quality boxer puppy and she has had to be on several rounds of antibiotics for a bladder infection that just won't go away. I hope this is it for Boss! I'm also glad it sounds to be more like something health related and not a behavioral problem :)
suzanne
Adolescent Bully

Postby Boss*sMom » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:33 am

We didnt have a culture ran just an analysis. He is peeing alot more now when he goes and he doesnt strain to potty or stop multiple times.
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Next

Return to Health Issues