New member from Ontario Canada where Pits are now banned

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Postby cleokarrot » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:22 pm

Welcome!!
Your puppy is beautiful! :inlove:
cleokarrot

Postby Pitt-terra » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:51 pm

:hi adorable pup :doggie:
Pitt-terra

Damn Ban

Postby lovemyvino » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:40 pm

Yup, kinda sucks being in Ontario these days. I have a five year old AST and we moved here from Alberta 2 1/2 years ago. Would have thought twice if I had any idea about this ban. What area are you in?? I am in a very small town with quite a few pitties but all seem under control and I have seen many now wearing halti's to, I guess, make people think the dogs are wearing muzzles. I just CANNOT muzzle Scout. He will die of depression!! So will I. I like the idea of carrying a muzzle. Keep in touch about how it all goes. We must stick together!
lovemyvino

Postby Kaytlin » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:09 pm

:hi cute dog!
Kaytlin

Postby gone2dtheogs » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:44 pm

Welcome from another newbie.
I agree her her into training for good citizen ,therapy training et al. There was stellar advise posted about getting to know the uniforms in your neighbourhood. I would also introduce your dog to a respected trainer and make all the vets and staff at the vets know how awesome your baby is. But personally I would not go offleash, too risky, anything happens and guess who will get blaimed. It is so horrible what is happening in Ontario. Its heart breaking , we don't have bsl in Calgary but any strays that even look pit picked up by the city are pts as soon as they are done a 10 day hold, they will not adopt them and that is bad enough.
gone2dtheogs

Postby pitbullforever » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:35 pm

gone2dtheogs wrote:Welcome from another newbie.
I agree her her into training for good citizen ,therapy training et al. There was stellar advise posted about getting to know the uniforms in your neighbourhood. I would also introduce your dog to a respected trainer and make all the vets and staff at the vets know how awesome your baby is. But personally I would not go offleash, too risky, anything happens and guess who will get blaimed. It is so horrible what is happening in Ontario. Its heart breaking , we don't have bsl in Calgary but any strays that even look pit picked up by the city are pts as soon as they are done a 10 day hold, they will not adopt them and that is bad enough.

thats so sad but a lot of places are like that. i'm glad our shelters not. if we were than we would put down about half of what we take in. we acully have a good adoption rate with pits/pit mixes. roflmao roflmao roflmao
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby gone2dtheogs » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:18 am

It is horrible. And frustrating. At the local humane society, where I volunteer, whenever there is a bully they are never there for long, they get adopted fairly quickly- there are not many up here. Labs/ Sheps/border collies/rotts for days though... :sad:
I remember hearing about the mayor in NY wanting to call pits New Yorkies! Think he could talk sense to Michael Bryant?
gone2dtheogs

Previous

Return to Introductions