Muscle/Bone building vitamin supplements

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Muscle/Bone building vitamin supplements

Postby thejumpman23cb » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:52 am

Has anyone experiments with the so called "muscle building" supplements, such as Bully Max, etc. If so, please post your experience with it.

The reason i ask, is NOT because I want my puppy to be a huge muscular dogbeast. It is because he is showing signs of hip dysplasia and arthritis, and after talking to my vet and doing research, the development of these disorders may be due to his lack of muscle/bone growth from being emaciated before i found him.

These supplements claim to support muscle growth and bone development...

I am currently looking at a supplement called K9 Mega® All-In-One Complete®: This is the claim - K9 Mega® All-In-One Complete® is the ultimate vitamin supplement for dogs.

It improves your dog skin & coat, boost your pet dog immune system, helps with hip & joint issues, enhances lean muscle mass, and also assists with weight management & stability! is the ultimate vitamin supplement for dogs.

I have found this supplement to be used by several reputable (AKC recommended) breeders.

...If these claims are true, It is a product I might be interested in. Please help me out.
thejumpman23cb
Newborn Bully

Re: Muscle/Bone building vitamin supplements

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:09 am

How old is he? I'd be reluctant to use a supplement like that on a growing puppy.

Chances are, it won't help him if he has hip dysplasia anyways. Keeping him at a lean weight, and adding glucosamine and EPA fatty acid supplements would.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby FransterDoo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:59 pm

thejumpman23cb wrote:Has anyone experiments with the so called "muscle building" supplements, such as Bully Max, etc. If so, please post your experience with it.

I haven't. I prefer to help my dogs reach their best through just plain old good nutrition and exercise.

The reason i ask, is NOT because I want my puppy to be a huge muscular dogbeast. It is because he is showing signs of hip dysplasia and arthritis, and after talking to my vet and doing research, the development of these disorders may be due to his lack of muscle/bone growth from being emaciated before i found him.

How old is he? Also has your vet done x-rays to assess any issues and their severity?

I am currently looking at a supplement called K9 Mega® All-In-One Complete®: This is the claim - K9 Mega® All-In-One Complete® is the ultimate vitamin supplement for dogs.

There are SO many of these things being produced and the all claim to be the best.

It improves your dog skin & coat, boost your pet dog immune system, helps with hip & joint issues, enhances lean muscle mass, and also assists with weight management & stability! is the ultimate vitamin supplement for dogs.

Wow - this took a little looking to find:

Ingredients: flax seed meal, casein, salmon meal, dried whole egg, lecithin, creatine monohydrate, calcium carbonate, brewer’s dried yeast, glucosamine HCl, ascorbic acid, taurine, gamma oryzanol, vitamin E supplement, chondroitin sulfate, dicalcium phosphate, l-carnitine fumarate, selenium yeast, zinc proteinate,
iron proteinate, folic acid, vitamin A supplement, d-calcium pantothenate, copper proteinate, natural mixed tocopherols, riboflavin, niacin, manganese proteinate, biotin, vitamin B-12 supplement, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine HCl, vitamin D-3 supplement, beta carotene, chromium picolinate, ethylenediamine dihydriodide,
and dried fermentation products of Lactobacillus acidophilus and Enterococcus faecium.

My opinion? Meh. Same old stuff. Nothing that a high-quality dog food (What ARE you feeding by the way?), a joint supplement and some fish oil can't do.

I have found this supplement to be used by several reputable (AKC recommended) breeders.

The AKC registers anything. So it could be an amazing breeder and it could be the lowest-of-the-low.
FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby thejumpman23cb » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:18 pm

he is being fed Eukaneba for puppies. he is about 6 months old.
thejumpman23cb
Newborn Bully

Postby FBODGRL » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:48 am

AllisonPibbleLvr wrote:How old is he? I'd be reluctant to use a supplement like that on a growing puppy.

Chances are, it won't help him if he has hip dysplasia anyways. Keeping him at a lean weight, and adding glucosamine and EPA fatty acid supplements would.

FransterDoo wrote:
thejumpman23cb wrote:Has anyone experiments with the so called "muscle building" supplements, such as Bully Max, etc. If so, please post your experience with it.

I haven't. I prefer to help my dogs reach their best through just plain old good nutrition and exercise.

How old is he? Also has your vet done x-rays to assess any issues and their severity?

There are SO many of these things being produced and the all claim to be the best.

Wow - this took a little looking to find:

Ingredients: flax seed meal, casein, salmon meal, dried whole egg, lecithin, creatine monohydrate, calcium carbonate, brewer’s dried yeast, glucosamine HCl, ascorbic acid, taurine, gamma oryzanol, vitamin E supplement, chondroitin sulfate, dicalcium phosphate, l-carnitine fumarate, selenium yeast, zinc proteinate,
iron proteinate, folic acid, vitamin A supplement, d-calcium pantothenate, copper proteinate, natural mixed tocopherols, riboflavin, niacin, manganese proteinate, biotin, vitamin B-12 supplement, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine HCl, vitamin D-3 supplement, beta carotene, chromium picolinate, ethylenediamine dihydriodide,
and dried fermentation products of Lactobacillus acidophilus and Enterococcus faecium.

My opinion? Meh. Same old stuff. Nothing that a high-quality dog food (What ARE you feeding by the way?), a joint supplement and some fish oil can't do.

The AKC registers anything. So it could be an amazing breeder and it could be the lowest-of-the-low.

:goodpost: 's
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:55 am

thejumpman23cb wrote:he is being fed Eukaneba for puppies. he is about 6 months old.

I suggest a higher quality food. That's not a good choice for a growing puppy at all. Lots of fillers (I'm sure he has big poops, right?). I don't feed kibble but you can use the search function in the health section for "puppy food" so see what some other folks are using. I know people like Taste of the Wild and Blue Buffalo off the top of my head.

Has your vet officially told you that he has issues with his hips?
FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues