*Lucy* NY, NY

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

*Lucy* NY, NY

Postby afrikaPB » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:42 pm

Cross posting for a co-worker who is trying to help this dog get adopted.
She looks like a Picasso from getting her jaw broken by a previous owner.
This girl needs her own forever home!!!

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/petdetail/21709250-Lucy-American%20Staffordshire%20Terrier-Dog-New%20York-NY

From her petfinder profile:

Hi my name is Lucy! I've was rescued from the streets of Bogota, Colombia and lived in a foster home over there for about 6 months before coming to the U.S. Prior to my rescue I was beaten by my former owner so badly that my nose and jaw were broken. Both body parts have already healed, but since they never set properly this gave me uniquely good looks and character. What do you think? Unfortunately not much can be done about my face unless they break the bones and reset them again, not sure I want to go through that. Whoever did this to me also pulled out some of my canine teeth so I could not fight off the many male dogs that would repeatedly mate with me when I was in heat. Yeah I know, this is a terrible way to live. But although I was used as a breeding machine, by my lucky stars, I somehow got away. Then I was living on the streets, alone, emaciated and pregnant. Then thats when my angel found me. Upon examination at the vets office they found that my uterus was twisted and they had to decide whether to save my puppies or me. They chose me! They estimated that this was my 5th or 6th pregnancy in a row, having lived my whole life, 3.5 years, in an abusive home. When the neighbors found out I had been rescued, they approached my angel and told him that I was also used as a submissive dog in several dog fights in order to train aggression into the fighting dogs. So you see, I never reacted, because Im a lover not a fighter! Thankfully some good people got together to bring me here and now Im ready to find my forever home with a great family! I'm a bit shy of strangers but never aggressive and just need to build up my confidence with both dogs and people. As a matter of fact, where Im staying now, they say Im the sweetest thing! Always ready for a good belly rub. While my past has been hard, I hold no grudges. Typical to my breed, I just want to live and have fun! I'm now spayed and have had all my shots, Im in good health and can eat without a problem. I'm ready for a new life and new home! If you like short, stocky, 50-pound chocolate brown girls, then I know youll love me! Sadly, Im currently living in boarding and would love to break out of here. If interested in adopting or fostering me please email Vivianne at : vividogwalker (at) gmail (dot) com Woof! OR for immediate attention please submit our online adoption application at www.strayfromtheheart.org most photos courtesy of www.shainafishman.com thank you Shaina!
afrikaPB
Matured Bully

Re: *Lucy* NY, NY

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:09 pm

I sure hope this networking blitz finds Lucy a home for the holiday! Sounds like she deserves her own loving human (all dogs do I guess)!!
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby afrikaPB » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:29 am

Me too.
afrikaPB
Matured Bully

Postby NYnative » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:33 am

I would take her in a NY minute if I could
NYnative
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:41 pm

Posts all over FB that Lucy is in a foster home now. :)
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby afrikaPB » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:47 pm

Ilovethepits wrote:Posts all over FB that Lucy is in a foster home now. :)

:headbang:
afrikaPB
Matured Bully

Postby Ilovethepits » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:20 pm

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs