Skin condition - What is this???

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Skin condition - What is this???

Postby thejumpman23cb » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:41 pm

My puppy has some sort of rash looking thing on this muzzle. He seems to be loosing fur there, and it seems to be redish in color and looks slightly irritated. He does not scratch or itch it. Does anyone know what this is? Pics are posted below.

The rash does not seem to bother him really, but I am worried because it has been there for about 3 days and has not gone away or gotten better. Also, he only has this rash in the one place, not other places, and does not itch it. Also, he does not show any symptoms of illness at all, and is very healthy. He is also given flea and heartworm protection and does not appear to have fleas anywhere.

I am hesitant to take him to the vet, because last time I took him to the vet for a rash (that looked different) on his leg, the vet just said it was probably a small reaction to grass or something and would go away. Fortunately, that rash did go away on its own, but the vet cost m 100$ to tell me information that meant nothing to me.

Anyone know what this skin condition might be? Why he might have it? Is it serious?

thejumpman23cb
Newborn Bully

Re: Skin condition - What is this???

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:46 pm

Demodex is a possibility. I'd have your vet do a skin scraping.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Re: Skin condition - What is this???

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Bacterial infection, fungal infection or demodicosis...

Sorry, time to see a vet. If you don't think the last visit was worth your while, find a new vet.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues