Red/Rashy looking skin on belly.

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Red/Rashy looking skin on belly.

Postby Heather9603 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi there. Molly has a red/rash like looking marks on her belly. They look similar to when my moms boxer has an allergy issue.

BUT, she was dumped shortly after having puppies (which was a few weeks ago) so I'm not sure if maybe it is just from her skin being stretched and now going down? Is it normal for skin to look rashed after having pups?
Heather9603
Newborn Bully

Re: Red/Rashy looking skin on belly.

Postby Heather9603 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:33 pm

And I'd try and get a pic of her belly but she's too shy and timid and I don't want to force her on her back and freak her out.

Here is a pic from last night when she was begging for a belly rub, you can sort of see it.

Heather9603
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:14 pm

Puppies can claw up their bellies while nursing. Also, post pregnancy/nursing hormone changes can certainly make them lose a lot of fur. I suppose it could be pup related, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was allergies. I would just monitor her for now, as her body readjusts.
Leslie H
Regulator

Postby Heather9603 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:38 pm

Leslie H wrote:Puppies can claw up their bellies while nursing. Also, post pregnancy/nursing hormone changes can certainly make them lose a lot of fur. I suppose it could be pup related, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was allergies. I would just monitor her for now, as her body readjusts.

Yeah I was wondering if it was a pregnancy, nervousness and allergy combo. I'll keep my eye on it. If anything I know what her benydryl dose would be.
Heather9603
Newborn Bully

Postby pblove » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:46 pm

since she recently had puppies then was thrown from a car it is a safe bet to say she was not responsibly owned. I think a vet appointment would be a good option for her.
Poor baby girl, hope it an easy issue that is easy to treat/cure both
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby Heather9603 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:54 pm

Okay so she was begging for a belly rub and I had my camera handy so I managed to get a quick shot. And I'm calling Monday to get her a spay appointment set up, so I guess it depends on how quickly they can set that up as to whether I make a separate appointment or not. Do NOT want this chicka going into heat!

Heather9603
Newborn Bully

Postby Cherry » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:49 am

I'm not a vet but that looks like how Cherry's belly used to get when she had yeast overgrowth.
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:54 pm

I've also seen yard dogs and neglected crated dogs whose bellies are stained from the dirt/urine/feces they were forced to live in and it looked a lot like that.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Heather9603 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:03 pm

Curly_07 wrote:I've also seen yard dogs and neglected crated dogs whose bellies are stained from the dirt/urine/feces they were forced to live in and it looked a lot like that.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk

Good point. I havn't given her a bath yet, even though she seems fairly clean.
Heather9603
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:08 pm

The last foster I remember being stained bad, took about 2 months or so of a few baths a week to get the staining out. It was his hair that took so long to get looking white again tho. You could try giving her a bath and daily wiping her with baby wipes down there to see if it starts to fade over the next week. If not and it stays the same/gets worse, it could be allergies/yeast/or her hormones.
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Health Issues