Our Vet Visit came up with an issue.

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Our Vet Visit came up with an issue.

Postby PitBull-Lady » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:09 pm

abbybaby2011 wrote:Do You think she does need to loose some weight??

In my experience, if you are feeding a lower grade food with the fillers, chances are her body shows the fillers. Once her body does not have a bunch of that crud in it, she'll poop smaller and her body will start to reflect the better food with a slightly leaner look, a shinier coat etc.. As for trimming down, you can do that with just feeding a little less each day. Not a ton, a 1/8 of a cup can make a difference. Also, maybe, you may find dividing the feeding into 2s can help too. We used to feed only in the evening but now do it twice a day. It seems like I can see if they are really hungry or maybe just wanting to eat and then adjust the food accordingly. This way you can add a little and see if it makes a difference to them. If they are not wanting food, it can make it easier to cut back too :)
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby ames » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:11 pm

abbybaby2011 wrote:Yeah we are switching to blue buffalo. We bought some yesterday, and mixed a little with her other kibble, and I gave her a few peices as treats on our run this morning, and she loved it. So I have a feeling she will do well with it.

did you go with the Wilderness? If you are thinking of going raw one day, the BB wilderness is grain free and as close to raw you can get without being raw. I think your pup looks great :)
ames
Newborn Bully

Postby abbybaby2011 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:12 pm

we went with the "Basics Turkey & Potato Recipe" Im still playing with the idea of the "Wilderness" The fact that it is more natural is a plus lol, natural is good :)
abbybaby2011
Adolescent Bully

Previous

Return to Health Issues