Am I seeing things?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Am I seeing things?

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:59 pm

My old lady Buddy has spondylosis and acupuncture helped her a TON (when she sat still long enough to benefit from it).
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Enigma » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:27 pm

Does a dog with spondylosis show any signs of discomfort and pain during exercise? Because Jaka doesn't, that's why i'm asking. Here he is playing with Rina today. These two are crazy, they go non-stop for a couple of hours. Everything from fetch, flirt pole, tug of war... They love playing with eachother. :D

Jaka doesn't act like he's in any kind of pain. It usually happens after some rest, in the evening, but today after those pills i gave him he's normal. We just went on our last walk and he walked up and down the stairs with no problems.
Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Buddy is the same way-- gets sore after resting post-exercise. But she has several other joint issues on top of her spondylosis.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Murfins » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:28 pm

Our 11yo dog, Jordie, has spondylosis with both spurs and bridges (including a bridge that has broken from what was seen on a recent x-ray) and he does not act stiff or sore DURING exercise (generally) but if we don't do warm up and cool downs and restrict the intensity of exercise he is very sore afterwards.
Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby rgyoung777 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:07 pm

Yes, Lucy is sore after exertion, but not during. She also has a bum leg now and doesn't get to exercise like she used to, but when she only had spondylosis she was able to have a normal routine when it came to playing and running. With previcox (just half a 227mg tab a day), her stiffness/soreness from the spondylosis isn't usually noticeable, and for really bad days, gabapentin or tramadol give her extra relief if she needs it.
rgyoung777
Addicted to PBF

Postby Enigma » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:00 am

Thanks! That's good to know. I still hope it's nothing serious, i really don't want to cut back on his activities, he doesn't do much, but he still loves the flirt pole, fetch and tug of war :)
Enigma
Forum Junky

Previous

Return to Health Issues