Any thoughts as to what this might be?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Any thoughts as to what this might be?

Postby sebb0191 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:45 pm

I noticed this bump on Koda's stomach about a week or two ago. It's about the size of my pinky fingernail and it's close to his belly button. It is raised, but he doesn't seem to mind if I touch it. It's red around the edges and black at the center.

Obviously, I'm nervous. He's a lightly colored dog and does like to lay in the sun. I'm calling the vet in the morning to make an appointment to have it looked at, but any thoughts would be welcomed! Thank you!
sebb0191
Matured Bully

Re: Any thoughts as to what this might be?

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:35 am

Could be anything, best to have the vet look at it!
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Re: Any thoughts as to what this might be?

Postby sebb0191 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:36 am

Well, we had the last appointment yesterday evening, so they're still looking over the slides. The doctor took a sample of the fluid or substance inside to look at. She said it had a lot of white blood cells (I think she called them nutrilites or something?) and giant cells. I don't really know what that means, but she said she's going to have another doctor look at it today and call me this afternoon.

She put him on cephalexin and benadryl because of the white blood cells possibly meaning infection. So I guess we'll see what they come up with!
sebb0191
Matured Bully

Return to Health Issues