Bad digestive track possibly?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Bad digestive track possibly?

Postby Heather9603 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:47 am

Galaxy wrote:The food we are feeding her now is an all natural food that doesn't have any grains, corns, or by- products in it. Sabrina will not eat out of my hand for some reason. Even when i'm training her,she will not take treats but would rather be rewarded by a nice scratch on the ear instead.

Perhaps try changing the meat source and not the brand then? Like if you are currently feeding a chicken formula, maybe switch to one of their other formulas like beef, fish, duck, etc.
Heather9603
Newborn Bully

Postby Galaxy » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:16 pm

Thanks for the advice I will be sure to take it. Someone mentioned to me that she might have a bad digestive system,but they never told me what to do or anything. She eats Natural Balance and it's the limited ingredients bag. Maybe I should switch foods? It seems as if it helps with her gas some,but not a lot. I mean she still does it just not as much as she did on the other foods.I was going to try Diamond or Blue Buffalo,yet they've had some recalls & I'm kind of worried about it. I will look into the food bowl for sure,but the kong she doesn't really care for at all.
Galaxy
Newborn Bully

Postby Heather9603 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:31 pm

Galaxy wrote:Thanks for the advice I will be sure to take it. Someone mentioned to me that she might have a bad digestive system,but they never told me what to do or anything. She eats Natural Balance and it's the limited ingredients bag. Maybe I should switch foods? It seems as if it helps with her gas some,but not a lot. I mean she still does it just not as much as she did on the other foods.I was going to try Diamond or Blue Buffalo,yet they've had some recalls & I'm kind of worried about it. I will look into the food bowl for sure,but the kong she doesn't really care for at all.

We feed Wellness and it seems to be the least gassy of the foods that we've tried. Molly came to us SUPER gassy. She still is, but its not nearly as bad lol.
Heather9603
Newborn Bully

Postby Murfins » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:32 am

I would put her on a probiotic and for now keep her on the same food and see if the probiotic makes a difference - probiotics can help a lot for someone with digestion issues.

If after a few weeks you are not seeing an improvement then try a different meat source and if that doesn't work then try a grain free food - but you have to give each step at least a few weeks to see if it makes a difference.

Also look at what you are giving her for treats and simplify it and then don't go switching around so that you are able to see if there are improvements/changes in her condition. Even better give the treats that are made by the same company and the same flavour (I'm quite sure that Natural Balance puts out matching treats in LID like the food).
Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Galaxy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:40 pm

UPDATE: We have completely switched dogs foods and we no longer have problems with her gas. She now eats Earthborn, which is an all natural dog food brands. Thanks everybody once again for your help.
Galaxy
Newborn Bully

Previous

Return to Health Issues