Warning to Osteo Biflex users...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Warning to Osteo Biflex users...

Postby FBODGRL » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:48 am

I know a lot of people here use the Oteo Bi Flex triple strength. Khan has been on it for years.

I have a thread a ways down, but it was about raw feeding. I wanted to post up a quick warning fr those of you who did not read that thread. Apparently Osteo Bi Flex has now come out with a couple new types which have vitamin D added to the pill. Vitamin D should not be supplemented at the huge I.U. now in those pills. So make sure you are getting the ones without vitamin D.

It took me 2-3 weeks to determine what was causing Khan's diarrhea and upset stomach. Fortunately at his weight it wasn't toxic doses, but it was enough to cause plenty of diarrhea.

Just thought I would share so no one else or their dog has to go through the tummy issues Khan did.
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Re: Warning to Osteo Biflex users...

Postby Misskiwi67 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:44 pm

Or the kidney failure that would have followed if you didn't catch it soon enough...

Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin, so the effects of it will be additive over time.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby GoingPostal » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:45 pm

I just stocked up on it the other day and noticed one had the extra D, I was wondering if that's how your little scare happened.
GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby FBODGRL » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:17 pm

Misskiwi67 wrote:Or the kidney failure that would have followed if you didn't catch it soon enough...

Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin, so the effects of it will be additive over time.

I know!

GoingPostal wrote:I just stocked up on it the other day and noticed one had the extra D, I was wondering if that's how your little scare happened.

Yes it is. So glad I caught it!

I had to take Khan into the vet because he was still having diarrhea. He is on some meds now and hopefully he will get back on track.
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues