Hyaluronic Acid-anyone use this?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Hyaluronic Acid-anyone use this?

Postby merriterrier » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:08 am

Does anyone here use Hyaluronic Acid as a joint supplement for their dogs? If so what are your impressions? usefulness? Do you combine it with other joint supplements? or use it alone? And have you found a less expensive source?

Thanks!
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Re: Hyaluronic Acid-anyone use this?

Postby mtlu » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:06 pm

I have been giving Molly this for over 6 months now and I like that it is easy to use since it contains most of the key ingredients for joint health including hyaluronic acid:
http://liquidhealthpets.com/k9-level-5000
I have tried a few other things in the past but this one is the most convenient (for getting my BF to add it to her food when he does feedings). BF isn't the best about adding supplements to Molly's food and our feeding schedule is such that he does the evening feeding.

I'm not sure if I really see a huge difference (I have held off giving it to her for several days before to see if there is any change). She has already had surgeries to fix both knees (both were partial CCL tears) and she is around 5 years old right now and healthy aside from some mild allergies. She has also had hip, elbow and spine x-rays done in the past couple of years and there is no indication that we need to worry about any of those parts but I feel preventative maintenance can't hurt.
mtlu
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:14 am

Thanks!

I have recently been reading more and more about it, and was wondering what others thought. I supplement for preventative maintenance mostly, but I am aware that one of the dogs has iffy hips, and another has knees worth keeping an eye on. I have a hard time getting Morgan to add (all) the supplements when he feeds, so simplification would be nice.
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby EmmaLove » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:39 pm

I actually just bought some liquid Hyaluronic Acid today for my dad, who's been struggling with arthritis pain. I want to suggest that my boyfriend give it to his dog who is older and arthritic (he already gives him treats with glucosamine, but I've never felt that the treats really have a good conentration of that, and from what I've been reading it seems the HA liquid is more effective than glucosamine).

Does anyonw know how much you would give a dog of the straight HA liquid? His dog is about 80 pounds.
EmmaLove
Matured Bully

Return to Health Issues