Do his ears need to be taped?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Do his ears need to be taped?

Postby BlockyDog » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:24 pm

Hey everyone so its been about three weeks and Bishops ears are all fully healed. Thanks to everyone who gave me their advice. My next question do they need to be taped? They seem to be standing all on their own haven't seen them once fold on to his head. Let me know what you think. Once again I appreciate the advice.

BlockyDog
Newborn Bully

Re: Do his ears need to be taped?

Postby GoingPostal » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:18 pm

No, if they are standing fine on their own you don't need to do anything. The whole point of taping is to keep them up until they are strong enough to do it on their own, it's usually not needed for short crops like pit bulls get.
GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:54 pm

?

Didnt you have this done at a vet? Did they not give you this kind of info at time of discharge post-op?
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby BlockyDog » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:19 pm

I'm not sure if it's your tone. But ease off God forbid someone asks for advice on this site. Yes it was done by a vet does it look like it was done otherwise. Do his ears look mangled NO then why the f*ck do you always have hostility in your messages. You know f-you and f this site I'm sick of all the imperialistic bs. And to your other comment on my other thread at least I took the precaution unlike the others who just waived it off. Sure not everything is conclusive; sh*t i can say looking both ways doesn't mean i'm not going to get hit by a car.

PITBULL FORUM I'd like to say it was fun but the abuse far out ways the wonderful times I could have had. Thank you to those who actually enjoy spreading their knowledge it was appreciated.

Blocky signing off for good!
BlockyDog
Newborn Bully

Postby patty » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:22 pm

Bishop's ears look very nice!
patty
Forum Junky

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:47 pm

I think his ears look nice too, even tho I'm a natural ear girl. I don't think she was coming at you hostile, rather than questioning the vet that didn't give you this info. There are some vets out there that don't provide the info they should. I think that's all she was asking. It obviously wasn't an at home crop job. I wish you would stay. You can always block people you don't like so you can't see their posts. I'd really like to watch your pup grow up...

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Boss*sMom » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:54 pm

How old is your pup?

I'm just curious, I'm not a fan of most crop jobs, I'm just curious because around here NO vets will do a crop after the pup is 14 weeks old and some won't do it past 12 weeks. I'm not a fan of crop jobs I'm very picky and I dont know if our next will be cropped even though we intend to show. Just wondering how old your pup was when you had it done?
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:10 am

Uhhhh....there's no "tone" in written messages?

Good lord, oversensitive much? It was a genuine question about why your vet didnt provide you with this basic info.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:38 am

It's always funny to me when someone gets all huffy and puffy saying they'll never come here again...but then they do.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Adrianne » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Sorry Blockydog. The ears look fine to me.
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby ellie@ny » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Looks perfect,wouldn't touch them! ;)
PS: my male got his crop at 5.5 mo old,and came out perfect.
Know many AKC-UKC breeders that has done crops wayyy later as well,you just have to know the aftercare..
ellie@ny
Matured Bully

Postby mommy2kane » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:50 pm

ellie@ny wrote:Looks perfect,wouldn't touch them! ;)

This. They look fine!
mommy2kane
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:12 pm

AllisonPibbleLvr wrote:?

Didnt you have this done at a vet? Did they not give you this kind of info at time of discharge post-op?

Its common for people to forget what they were told at discharge due to the excitement of getting your pup home. I think studies have shown people remember 20% of what they were told?

Most vets will set up a recheck appointment after the surgery to make sure everything is going well before its too late to change it if its not. I would set up a recheck and have the surgeon take a peek at them if you have ANY concerns.

I think they look great, but without seeing him in person, I can't say for sure that they are perfect.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues