Yearly checkup, registration...am I paying too much $$$?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Yearly checkup, registration...am I paying too much $$$?

Postby Shoshana » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:15 am

We get Peanut her rabies shot every three years, her Bordatella 2x year and whatever other shots she is supposed to get as the vet says to. She knows we want the least number of shots that will be effective. I need to see if she tests for heartworm every year - I think she does. Peanut is on HW pills year round because we can have mosquitoes anytime - I got bit a couple of nights ago!

I seem to recall it's somewhere around $180 when we take her in the spring for her annual That includes the office visit. And less than $30 in the fall since one of the assistants gives her the vaccine.

We don't have annual registration fees. We paid I think $5 or so the first year we had her and since she is spayed, we never have to pay again.
Shoshana
Bully Ambassador

Re: Yearly checkup, registration...am I paying too much $$$?

Postby BigBadPibbul » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:07 am

Shoshana wrote:
We don't have annual registration fees. We paid I think $5 or so the first year we had her and since she is spayed, we never have to pay again.

I wanna live where you live! Here it's ritualistic rape. 4 neutered/spayed adult dogs, fully vaccinated, no Dangerous Dog stuff, no extra garbage just a 1 year license each, About 100 dollars total each year for which my favorite worthless asshat tracks me down weeks or even months before the licenses expire in order to force me to pay because he's in such a hurry to do his job right now. You tracked me down at work/friend's house/grocery store, do you honestly expect me to have the dogs paperwork on me? Am I supposed to carry a stack of papers in my shirt pocket whilst welding? Whoops, I was at a friends house, no I'm sorry I don't keep shot records and license info in my car if I'm not taking my dog across state lines. Different story there though. Damn stalker.

The vet isn't too out of hand here, 35-45$ for an office visit, Rabies 3 year at the spay and neuter clinic runs 15 bucks, heartworm tests there are 30 and they sell reduced cost preventative if you have the test done there.
Regular vet charges 3-6 bucks a dose for HW preventative, we have to buy there because we do the Blood donation thing and I'm not about to pay for a test we get run for free every year anyway.
AC only asks for rabies here which is awesome, we have to do the other shots yearly for the blood donation program but for Stormy who is too old to start donating we give the regular shots every three years. Last time I think the visit for her everything, exam, shots, rabies, was around 80$
BigBadPibbul
Bully Ambassador

Previous

Return to Health Issues