Tips on ear drops

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Tips on ear drops

Postby squid » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:04 pm

Gir had a grass sees removed last week, & a complete clean. Went back to the vet this week with a small ear infection. We have ear drops but everytime it's a huge fight, she twist and throws her head. We tried giving her treats of cooked chicken to distract her, tried a frozen kong, patting her, & a long walk before hand. I know she's hates her ears being touched since the grass seed. I understand it'll still be painful & her tablets ran out that's why she got given the drops.
Is there a way to help her???
squid
Addicted to PBF

Re: Tips on ear drops

Postby Team Peanut » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:38 pm

When Peanut had an ear infection I had to give him ear drops He has a den that he likes to sleep in. While he was in his den i snuck in on him (well he knew i was coming) but i would give them to him in there and he wouldn't bail on me because he was already in his bed and he had no place to go. he gave into getting them done. he had no resentment to his bed or me or even the drops it was just easier to give them to him like this since i had to do it with no help. another thing i tried was while he was eating a little bit of food i just came in and gave him his drops while he wasn't expecting it.

what worked for Peanut was not let him see me get the drops out, getting him where he couldn't run from me and sneaking up on him.
Team Peanut
Newborn Bully

Tips on ear drops

Postby squid » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:16 am

I'll have to try that, Hopefully she allows us soon, it's taking us 10-15 minutes at the moment.
squid
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues