Atlanta, GA - Meet "Ma'am"

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Atlanta, GA - Meet "Ma'am"

Postby INOCNTKITN187 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:01 am

It has been quite a while since I've been on here to post, but seeing as this is THE place for Pit Bull lovers I know the girl stands a great chance with ya'll.

This pocket pit cutie was dumped with an older female (presumably the mother) at the junkyard behind our farm. Mom was dog-aggressive and pretty torn up (not sure if they were fighting wounds or just "survival" wounds). She started "eyeing" the livestock and the neighbors "took care" of her. While I hated for it to happen, I couldn't risk my livelihood on a stray. Luckily, the pup made it over here without even glancing at any livestock and is quite calm with them. Though she can be defensive over food (just slightly with other dogs) and when she's scared (again only towards other pushy-type dogs), she is quite well-mannered for a junkyard dog. We know she's been back there with mom for about a month. The employees were feeding her until they were "friendly enough" to catch. Well, after being terrified (and sounding vicious) for about 30 mins she trotted out from under our truck and started doing her happy-dance. Now she's the new velcro at the house, LOL.

She's curious but not pushy with cats, pet-rabbits (I say pet because our Mini Rex isn't scared of her and will intimidate any dog who "gives" in at all, but the outdoor farm rabbits tend to freak out at the mere sight of dog, so they don't help any), ducks, geese, and goats. Now this isn't to say she doesn't need work, but she's starting off on the right foot.

She's decent in the house, though apparently never learned many manners. Likes to launch onto and off-of couches, likes to counter-surf, jumps when excited, yodels any time people are more than 5 ft away, pulls on the leash, etc. Pretty typical stuff for a pit bull puppy really.

We are working on potty-training, crate-training, NILIF, basic commands- especially leave-it, and other general manners. She's a very quick learner and really willing to please. Overall, GREAT little pup.

Her favorite spot - under my desk on my ottoman

She really does a lite fawn mask. So technically she's a tri-color.

Face to swoon over!

Name: Ma'am
Sex: Female
Weight: Roughly 25lbs - will likely top out at 35-40lbs, if that
UTD on shots: Yes
Spayed: Yes
Good w/ small fuzzies: Yes
Good w/ other dogs: Yes, once she sees they won't eat her
Good w/ children: Probably best for older children, she IS a puppy
Biggest Motivator: Food, definitely food! Or Goose poop, but I wouldn't recommend it ;)

If you might be interested in giving this little girl a forever home OR know anyone who might interested, don't hesitate to Email me. I might forget to get on here, so email is best. I'm near Atlanta, GA but travel all over the Southeast and could do a delivery. Just ask! Thanks for looking.
INOCNTKITN187
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Atlanta, GA - Meet "Ma'am"

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:23 am

Ohmygoodness she is cute!!!

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby INOCNTKITN187 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:45 am

What rescues in GA are willing to do work with us on fostering?
INOCNTKITN187
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:54 am

I'm not familiar with any GA rescues on the board, but I know a few good ones in FL and the DC/VA/MD areas.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:48 pm

Have you contacted Atlanta Underdog to see if they can help you or help you get her marketed?
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby INOCNTKITN187 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:50 pm

I've called and emailed all the pit bull rescues in the area, but haven't heard anything back.

We have had her spayed, microchipped, and vaccinated. She's been tested with all kinds of critters and house trained. We are willing to get her to any rescue east of the Mississippi River, but south of the Great Lakes, if they will take her.

She isn't getting much enrichment or socialization at our place since we can't have her and our husky in the same space. It's not fair to her. We never intended to get another dog, unless it was a livestock guardian dog. We aren't prepared to care for one and need her to move on. I am searching for a no kill shelter to leave her with, but I think her chances are better with a breed specific rescue. If anyone can make space, please let us know.
INOCNTKITN187
Bully Lover 4 Life

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs