Rockie is hurt

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Rockie is hurt

Postby Bulldaddy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:05 am

Hey everybody,

So about 28 hours ago my GF was throwing a stick to my dog, but the final time she threw it the stick bounced up and he lunged into it and it went into his throat which scared him... it came right out luckily he was able to back up. about 2 hours later he started drooling like hangy snotty drool (lol), and shaking, so I looked up symptoms and found poisoning, so at that point I gave him a capful of peroxide, and just as I was about to give him the second capful, I thought WAIT what if it just hurts to swallow from the stick. So I held off, and noticed when he ate he would softly whine every few bites, or if he yawns he will whine a little .... he isnt drooling anymore, only shakes when I try to open his mouth to look at his throat... I examined his poop and pee and neither had blood or discolourment. He eats and drinks. Acts like himself for the most part, he may seem a little depressed at times.

Would it be safe to assume that his throat just hurts and nothing life threatening is going on, seeing that there is no evidence of blood or anything and it has been 28 hours?

Thanks in advance!
Bulldaddy
Super Bully

Re: Rockie is hurt

Postby julie64 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:41 am

Poor Rockie. I would take him to the vet to make sure the stick didn't cause any damage.
julie64
Addicted to PBF

Rockie is hurt

Postby squid » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:48 am

I agree, go to the vet.
squid
Addicted to PBF

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:58 am

x3 for vet visit.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Poohs Dad » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:07 am

I agree with the vet visit, He may have some slivers from the stick in his throat that may fester
Poohs Dad
Matured Bully

Postby pblove » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:29 am

vet is in order, suppose the stick punctured something, it could become life threatening ?
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues